Stereo_Electronics

Coming Soon: iFi Audio

Panagiotis Karavitis takes the smooth-sounding iDSD Nano on vacation!

“How do you listen to music when you plan a long-term vacation? let me say this straight up, it’s an amazing combo for the money: HTC’s one M8 mini 2 feeding the iFi nano iDSD DAC and headphone amp, with a pair of Superlux 681 evo headphones….the iDSD DAC can play all sorts of audio formats, including quad rate DSD (11.2MHz) and DXD, thanks to the Burr Brown DAC chip that lies inside.Output is 80mW/16Ohm, 130mW/32Ohm, not bad for its small size and weight (163gm) especially considering the fact that it runs on Lithium batteries that outlast my HTC phone. Other interesting features are the precision analogue potentiometer, a pair of RCAs for analog output, and even an SPDIF RCA output that supports 24/192 PCM! All this will set you back less than $200 which makes it a bargain in my book any day of the week….How did the HTC/UAPP/iFi/Superlux combo perform? Amazingly well, smooth-sounding with good resolution.”

iDSDnano_PanagiotisKaravitis-767x1024_zpsa1321cac.jpg

Thank you Panagiotis Karavitis!

Check out that snap of the iDSD Nano! Great scenery!

A Summer Soundtrack: iFi, HTC and Superlux | Confessions of a Part-Time Audiophile

Public Release – 2 x David Elias DSD tracks

Following on from the iFi iCLUB DSD album last week, as promised, the following two tracks are available to all.

As with the previous recordings, these are all 100% DSD, having been recorded, mixed and mastered directly on the Sony Sonoma DSD Workstation provided by Gus Skinas at SuperAudioCenter.com.

We hope you like them. Thank you again to David for his great work on the DSD recording front!

Public Release – 2 x David Elias DSD tracks

10153119_762379963797748_7500404348436998934_n_zps39c9b686.jpg

K-1000 – got hungry headphones, willing to travel

There is no portable DAC/Headamp on the market like the micro iDSD.

In Turbo mode, it has the drive to handle even the AKG K-1000! (albeit not to its max but very usable for on-the-go enjoyment).

This collector’s headphone is no longer in production but is known for being one of if not THE most difficult headphone to drive EVER.

K1000 | Headphones | AKG

It was rated at 74dB for 1mW by AKG.

Well in our test lab, we use this along with the HiFi Man HE-6 and by comparison, The K-1000 makes the famous HE-6 able to be driven like a normal headphone!

Sonically, the “ear speaker technology” of the K-1000 makes it sound like no other headphone and is truly deserving of the “ear speaker” descriptor.

We hope you enjoy the pictures as it is not something you see everyday!

10670126_764967553538989_2767455710579280437_n_zps8ede6e61.jpg

10350530_764967563538988_1238282154183254997_n_zps0ba5c813.jpg

1901882_764967550205656_7344488881626868592_n_zpsb353f5b5.jpg

1503388_764967573538987_1469848801069425657_n_zps33817a73.jpg

Edited by Stereo_Electronics

Prestigious ACA says micro iDSD is a legend in Greece!

The Audiophile Club of Athens (ACA) is one of the oldest and most famous audiophile clubs in the world. There are plenty of youtube videos of their amazing turntables which leave one aghast.

Well, they held a listening session with the nano iDSD, the micro iDSD and wait for it, the Viva Egosita, a Euro10k headphone amplifier. Esteemed company indeed. Listening was done mainly with the full Audeze range of headphones and the Sennheiser Momentums.

“Kudo’s to the micro and God bless the micro for those who are not as crazy as I am and want the ultimate in their everyday life and sound, but I am saving up for the micro.

We only live once, I won’t need to go through another lifetime searching for the absolute in the headphone usb dac territory.”

Thank you Dr Tony Pothitos we are very honoured that the ACA raved about the nano and the micro in the company of the Viva Egoista! Yes Amadeo does built some amazing tube amplifiers.

Read more via this website link

ACA_zps3475a989.jpg

Effusion of Head-Fi highlights from Day 1: iFi Retro!

“A multi-purpose, multi-function tube headphone/speaker amplifier that sounded very sweet, but at the same time detailed and full. Very nice sound coming from my portable DAP, connected by bluetooth and through my HD650s, DAP/Cable shown in the first picture above, which it drove better than 90% of what I’ve heard the HD650s through; very impressive….All in all, great sound coming out of this amp and in what some would argue as a more fashionable and timeless way with its old-school design/looks.

900x900px-LL-e243b2f1_IMG_3122_zps9c02a50b.jpeg

350x700px-LL-2061b115_IMG_3120_zps8324d737.jpeg

In addition their component stack, which is a plug-n-play component type design/model, that is very cool and sounds very good.

Thanks Effusion!

Image 5 of 216 in forum thread

Headphone Guru finds iFi Audio iUSB/iPurifier makes digital more analogue and are a keeper!

Lee Scoggins of Headphone Guru penned the following very nice review of the iUSB Power and the iPurifier. Lee wrote, “It makes sense if you think about it. Cleaning up USB level power has the same effect as a dedicated power line and a good line conditioner. All three provide the best possible foundation. As you lower the background noise, you hear more across the board – bass, midrange, and high frequency. The iFi “iUSB” Power Conditioner is well built, has a beautiful sparkly finish, and comes packaged like a well-designed Apple product. Pretty amazing for the under $300 price point. I’m impressed and will be keeping these in the system for better digital.”

Thank you Lee and we hope you enjoy the pair for many years to come!

iFi “iUSB” Conditioner | Headphone.Guru

Sound&Vision rates nano iDSD very, very highly!

With thanks to Pixel (iFi Hungary) and Sound & Vision, the following are some of the key points of their review.

“A variety of different quality, especially Mp3 signals tested nano. Startling differences were experienced. Playing audio files from your computer’s USB port the nano’s resolving ability shows how much it can improve the music signal. Even with Mp3 it cut the jitter error down drastically. Well the nano’s simply named ZeroJitter Lite technology is apt.

I just congratulate this little unit. There is a built-in 1400 mAh battery hidden under the casing, which is intended to be provided with the mobile tasks. The battery lasts some 10 hours which is plenty.

Overall, the Nano really knows what it is doing and delivers on its promise and is the perfect musical experience.”

kitt6500x_zps17a9e6ea.jpg

ifi-nano-dsd-dac-binnenkant-boven-2_thumb_zpsbf0017fb.jpg

Thank you Sound & Vision!

Ifi nano iDSD különleges HIGH-END kiegészít? - Sztereó Magazin

Another “Greatest Bits” for iFi with the micro iDSD!

With thanks to Audiostream’s Michael Lavorgna, the micro iDSD was put through its paces – albeit mainly via speakers as headphones is not the arena of AS.

Nevertheless, Michael remarked, “I’m happy to report that the Micro iDSD DAC retains the iFi house sound which is overtly musical to my ears. Compared to the recently reviewed and more expensive Pathos Converto (see review), the iFi is more incisive and more concerned with micro detail and edge. That said, there’s nothing abrasive or unnaturally bright about its presentation.

Something like the recent download of the week Our Love from Caribou was very nicely laid out with a sure grip on the beat and bottom end. Acoustic music including Giacinto Scelsi’s Suono Rotondo showed off the Micro’s way with tone and complex harmonics…..The Micro delivers a lot of timbral bang for the buck. I did not feel as if I was missing out on anything while listening in enjoyment mode as compared to comparison mode.”

1483437_769327706436307_4352266306194520912_n_zps374dbb88.jpg

Thank Michael Lavorgna and AudioStream!

iFi Micro iDSD | AudioStream

5 Star Nano iDSD Wins MacWorld Editor’s Choice!

macworld_zpsa005696d.gif

Mr Andrew Harrison, Editor at MacWorld awarded 5 stars and Editor’s Choice Award to the nano iDSD, “If you want to improve the headphone sound of your Mac or iPhone, the iFi nano iDSD could be the best option under £1000.” And concluded that “The iFi nano iDSD serves as a great upgrade to the headphone sound of MacBooks, iPhones and iPads.

macworld_zps39743c1f.png

It’s superbly made and brings a major upgrade to CD-level sound, as well as open up the many possibilities for real high-resolution music that are now available from computers and mobile devices.”

Thank you Mr Harrison, very much. We hope more Mac users try the nano iDSD and unleash the full potential of their Mac audio.

iFi nano iDSD amp review - Review - Macworld UK

HiFi Guy 528 Unboxing Video

Gotta watch this very enthusiastic unboxing video for the micro iDSD.

In it, Mike, aka HiFi Guy 528 covers all the external features very well.

So if you are unsure of all the switches, sockets in/around the Micro iDSD, please click on this and enjoy!

Edited by Stereo_Electronics

Wow! Bravo iFi! Says Mike Mercer about the iDSD micro!

To quote Mike:

“WOW! I’ve been a fan of iFi products goin’ back to my iCAN, iPhono, and my trusted iUSB PowerPlant – but when I got to hear the Micro iDSD at Canjam w/ my buddy Alex (Rosson – from Audeze) w/ my LCD-XCs I was simply blown-away!! So, because its become so popular, it took a bit to get a unit for review (which I’m definitely keeping) – but, the wait was WORTH IT!! This was the PERFECT couch system for drowning out all the political arguing goin’ on during our Thanksgiving w/ my in-laws!!

AND – since I was initially blown-away using my LCD-XCs w/ the Micro – I HAD TO DO IT:

900x900px-LL-466ac816_IMG_4463_zpsdf4fa3a2.jpeg

This was really somethin’ special!!

Especially w/ my new Double Helix Cables Comp4 SE for my Audezes

and also using the DHC USB cable..

This system led me into an all-night listening sesh!!!!

BRAVO iFi!!

BRAVO!!!!”

Wow – Thanks Mike!

iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions, Reviews and Comments. - Page 116

Push it to the limit…Race to the Top: iDSD Micro!

“Often in this hobby you get what you pay for. However, there are clearly some products that offer up exceptional value for the dollar….Overall it’s a compact system with good versatility in terms of use in the main rig or as a desk/portable system….This device sounded pretty darn good right out of the box….How would this product do against more expensive gear? I had a friend bring over a well-regarded $2,000 DAC for a comparison. It was close at first but we began to notice subtle but important improvements from the Micro over the more expensive unit…The Micro is a perfect example of a device that is narrowing the gap between budget and reference performance in the “Race to the Top.””

What Lee thought of these albums with the iDSD micro and his current DAC:

“Adele, Rolling in the Deep (16/44) off of her second album, 21. This impressed me. My current DAC does not have the rhythm and pace that the Micro exhibits on this song.”

“Alison Krauss & Union Station, Lie Awake (24/96). This is a test track for me on bass reproduction.The opening chords are hard to get right on some gear. On the best gear, the bass has a good foundation that creates a nice balance to Alison’s angelic voice.”

“Ernest Ansermet with Royal Opera House Orchestra, The Royal Ballet Gals Performances (16/44). The Micro allowed all of the high frequency extension to shine through and there are oodles of detail in this recording captured. Dynamic, layered, detailed, musical, flowing. The Micro captured all of the elements of strong classical playback. Color me impressed.”

Thanks Lee Scoggins and Headphone Guru!

Push it to the limit…Race to the Top: iDSD Micro!

Proof is in the pudding say’s Solarrdadd of Blu-ray.com about the iDSD nano & iUSBPower!

We received some kind comments from Archie aka Solarrdadd and we thought to share!

“i was looking for a good DAC, for not a lot of money and one that didn’t take up a lot of desk space….i purchased the iFi nano iDSD DAC & a companion product, the iFi micro iUSB Power….the ultimate proof was in the pudding. once i played that first song on the new setup in my office, i was sold….i have a wide variety of music on my system, everything from classic rock, big band, old world jazz, modern rock, R&B, classical music, i have everything. the DAC makes everything sound their best….when i’m at work, the good music helps me think and gets me through my day and get complicated projects done. i’m blessed to be able to have this kind of system in my office and listen to it without having to use headphones. i am able to have the same music i love and listen to at home, but, now, at work and it sounds good too.”

Thanks Archie!

Thor & Duke Nukem agrees too!

office-audio-gear-2-1024x768_zps627373b8.jpg

Proof is in the pudding say’s Solarrdadd of Blu-ray.com about the iDSD nano & iUSBPower!

iDSD Micro is highly recommended by Mono and Stereo!

“How all this can be packed into this tinny, semi shinny now already highly recognised aluminium chassis?…. this baby is future packed and future ready!….There is something un-denyingly simple and right about music coming out of iDSD Micro….iFi iDSD Micro is a clear sign of new era where performance can take place at impressive level even without being prejudiced about the price….Talking about sci-fi, high-tech, high-performance utilisation in the smallest foot print? You’ve got it….iFi Audio micro iDSD can literary crush some of the giants, that costed 10k and more up in the past. In the era where everybody talks about resolution, dynamics, speed, transparency iDSD micro brings all that plus musicality. Enriched by the wide array features, this is really a no brainer for wider parties of interest. Geeks, music lovers, audiophiles and gadget enthusiasts can all get their urge fulfilled under one package…. iFi products continuously impress me and you can call me their avid fan.”

10384452_786220284747049_4428806135078698507_n_zps8ef041fd.png

Thanks Matej Isak of Mono and Stereo!

Mono and Stereo High-End Audio Magazine: iFi Audio micro iDSD review

Lee Scoggins of Headphone Guru awards the iDSD Micro Product of the year 2014!

“My choice for Product of the Year is the iFi iDSD Micro. At $499 I expected a nice little compact DAC with decent sound and to be honest some fairly basic features. What I got was entirely different. I heard detail and musicality far beyond its price. I found a feature set that was surprisingly comprehensive with a terrific headphone amp. But the sound is just sublime and it keeps this puppy in constant use whenever I work from the home office. Well done iFi. Well done indeed.”

iDSDmicro_Hero_zps4edee011.jpg

Product of the Year 2014: Writers’ Awards | Headphone.Guru | Page 3