Stereo_Electronics

Coming Soon: iFi Audio

HiFi.nl/FWD Home Entertainment awards the micro iDSD "2014 DAC of the Year!"

10389561_789867647715646_7596420836976013242_n_zps704ff8cd.jpg

10300210_789867617715649_1958655529896251451_n_zpse62ff58f.jpg

We are absolutely overjoyed to have won the prestigious DAC of the Year by HiFi.nl/FWD Home Entertainment magazine. To say this category was hotly contested would be an understatement as the leading DACs ranged from Euro199 > Euro19,000 (no, not a typo).

HiFi.nl/FWD is the Netherlands most widely-read online/printed audio magazine so this is a very large feather in our cap.

“The micro iDSD is not a gadget but serious “meisterstuck” with progressive technology from the stable of head designer Thorsten Loesch. You can use it as an advanced DAC or directly out to loudspeakers but best of all, it is the world’s first DAC capable of native Octa-DSD.”

HiFi.nl/FWD Home Entertainment awards the micro iDSD “2014 DAC of the Year!”

iDSD Nano receives Editor’s Choice Award from thepcenthusiast!

thepcenthusiast-editors_choice_award_zpsb1d23951.png

“The iFi Nano iDSD is not a new product and it has been on the market for quite some time now. But it’s probably, one of the best (if not the best) DAC/AMP you can get for under $200 USD… It looks so clean and really nice, not to mention the body is really solid as well….Using the iFi Nano iDSD is very easy….I have been using the Nano iDSD for around 3 months now, and it’s really a nice well-rounded device. Generally the sound that it produces is very clean and full of energy….My experience was simply great, every instrument and every detail of the music was there. I also love rock and heavy metal and definitely the Nano iDSD didn’t back down to whatever genre I throw at it. I find myself listening to soothing music from Billy Joel, Eric Clampton, to the loud and electrifying music of Metallica….it offered a (slightly) better audio experience compared to the current DAC/AMPs I have with me as of today….To sum it all up, I’m impressed with the performance and sound quality of the iDSD."

iFi-Nano-iDSD-Review-15-300x200_zpsf0af9b4b.jpg

Thanks The PC Enthusiast!

iFi Nano iDSD USB DAC with Headphone Amp Review - An Affordable High Resolution Audio Solution

Nano iDSD – one of the Top 3 “2014 Greatest Bits”

audiostream632_zpsdefervqw.jpg

We would like to thank Mr Lavorgna and the AudioStream team for making the nano iDSD one of the 2014 Greatest Bits dacs. Mr Lavorgna had this to say, “The iFi nano iDSD DAC supports up to 32/384, DXD, as well as single, double, and quad rate DSD. While that’s all well and good on paper, I’d rather have a 24/96 DAC that sounds good and avoid the numbers race. The thing is the iDSD DAC sounds good. Really good, exhibiting a natural smoothness and a lovely dimensional quality that belies its price. About the size of a deck of cards, the iFi also doubles as a headphone amp and throws in an analog volume control. I’d say if you’re looking for a DSD-capable DAC in the $1,000 range, check out the iFi iDSD DAC.”

Thank you AudioStream very much indeed!

Nano iDSD

iDSD Micro: Best of ALL products in 2014 for HifiClube.Net by José Victor Henriques!

10570287_808602732508804_547498667934362772_n_zpsiyhpn2b4.jpg

José Victor Henriques is one the most well-established and “longest-serving” reviewers in the audio industry in Portugal and possibly Europe having reviewed high-end gear for over 20 years. To say we are honoured to see the micro iDSD win in such an exalted field would be an understatement!

For Mr Henriques to bestow this very prestigious award to the micro iDSD meant it saw off a raft very strong challengers such as: Dan D'Agostino integrated , the McIntosh MC275 50Th Anniversary or ARC GS150, Devialet,Trinity DAC , Audeze LCD3,Oppo PM-1 ,Halcro or Constellation , Marten Supreme II or Wilson XLF,Raidho , Vivid Giya , Estelon Extreme , Sonus Faber Ex3ma,The Zero Avantgarde, Magico Ultimate III

We absolutely over the moon!

Thanks José, HiFiClube and SmartAudio (iFi:Portugal)!

http://ifi-audio.com/reviews/idsd-micro-best-product-2014-for-hificlube-net-by-jose-victor-henriques/

USA Amazon customer says “ifi Micro iDSD Rocks $50k SOUND!!!!

Sorry audiophiles your investment is now obsolete!”

“Perfect!! Dont waste your money on other equipment. This is crowd source designed. It means humans who like other humans, built it for humans to enjoy! I could not order it from amazon, they were out of stock. But either way its awesome! it does DSD 64,128,256,and 512 also does PCM all the way to 768!. It is very advanced and will last for years to come. You can use it with your amplifier or walk around with it connected to your phone lookin like an Alien!! I am glad i discovered iFi Company. I am waiting for the Pro model coming out in may. The sound this device puts out rivals setups of $10k to $50k. Why?? How??? can this be… Simple. Technology evolves and iFi company loves to use cutting edge chips in their engineering. This model uses a Burr Brown Double dac chip design. In my opinion it blows away the ess sabre dac. It is the most advanced device on the market for Hi Resolution music. Unless you want to drop $50k up to you for braggin right on golf course! But for $500 very very smart! Thank you ifi Company, you won a customer for life!”

Thank you Amazon customer and iFi fan!

http://ifi-audio.com/…/usa-amazon-customer-says-ifi-micro-…/

DM of Computeraudiophile gives the iDSD Nano the first Best-buy!

“At the beginning of the year, it took me a while to get my hands on this little guy (sold out everywhere)…The sound is very natural and balanced, with enough speed and power and also a hint of sweetness in the vocal. It engages people and just keep pumping out emotional content over and over again. This now seems like a house sound of iFi now, both of their products (iDAC and iDSD) sounded very musical. It just made me want to keep on listening….Overall I will rate the nano iDSD 75 out of 100. But consider the difference in price, USD189 vs. USD699 and USD600, the nano iDSD also has DXD/DSD support for iPhones, it is a no-brainer recommendation. In fact, I will name it the first Best-Buy in this ongoing review”

Thanks DM and Computeraudiophile.com!

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/review-portable-universal-serial-bus-industry-standard-cables-connectors-and-communications-protocols-between-computers-and-electronic-devices-dacs-audioquest-dragonfly-meridian-explorer-director-ifi-idac-idsd-geek-out-pulse-19272/index3.html

AudioBlast waxes over the Turbo-charged micro iDSD!

“This is one of the few companies I will have to run to catch up with!….

In fact, my friend and I both felt that whatever deficiencies might lay in

the LCD-3 in comparison we did not fault the iFi iDSD. The little iFi unit

drove the magnetic planar cans with aplomb, at a quality level I would judge

plenty acceptable for most listeners.”

iFiMicroiDSD1_zpsljvo3tth.jpg

11017705_821862204516190_2210134056269992707_n_zpsd3xzog1s.jpg

Thank you Audio Blast!

http://dagogo.com/audio-blast-ifi-micro-idsd-usb-dac

High Fidelity delivers a stonking review about the iFi Retro!

We are thrilled to bits to read this in-depth review of the latest iFi Audio product line, Retro (Stereo 50 & LS3.5).

“It’s hard to take eyes off new iFi products….British company named its new line iFi Retro, and the design is simply great, eye-catching…Stereo 50 delivers a very good performance….The system under review was like a meteor that entered Earth’s atmosphere with a loud boom and filled the sky with light. You should really give it a listen….This system does a good job in everything it does. Both, together with LS3.5, and as a separate amplifier/DAC iFi provides its user with a lot of fun and joy. Whatever you think you need from your system – iFi’s got it.

10989966_817103828325361_4544354263215998672_n_zpslsev4xgl.jpg

10984974_817103831658694_8385011069317736478_n_zpsrqazjsbz.jpg

10991405_817103811658696_6880460785811407537_n_zps9bsgpv9c.jpg

Special thanks to High Fidelity, Marek, Wojciech, Bt/Piksel Studio and Moje Audio (iFi:Poland)!

http://highfidelity.pl/@main-530&lang=en

Fran from USA impressed by the iDSD Micro!

Another customer submits their impressions and a snap of their set up using iFi products!

“Did I tell you lately how much I love ifi. The micro idsd rocks. The Forza usb adapter worked out well so my usb input line is first rate. I know I’ll get sucked in to that idsd pro. That might be my end game dac for this system….My system sounds so good when I close my eyes, it disappears. Sitting in the middle of it all is that little idsd micro. It is brilliant. Most people will never know how really great this thing can be. I am so impressed with its dac in direct mode.

I use JRMC/Jplay/Audiophile Optimizer. So my chain out of the PC is like this:

Paul Pang usb card V4/ Paul Pang usb cable/ iusb power/ gemini cable/ Forza adapter/ idsd micro

then to either:

Woo WA2 tube amp/ Beyerdynamic T1 headphone

Woo WA2 preamp out/ Exposure 2010S2 Integrated amp/ Monitor Audio GX100 speakers”

20150307_090329_zpszhi4wtt3.jpg

Thanks Fran!

http://ifi-audio.com/…/fran-from-usa-impressed-by-the-idsd…/

iDSD Nano: One of the best priced DAC’s says Fernando!

“The way we listen to music has changed a lot in recent years….Now we can take us anywhere and demand higher quality and improved sound where we are….the nano IDSD sounds with excellent quality and absolutely swallows everything that we have put forward (musically speaking) and plays with a very good fidelity….In any case the audio is really good, balanced, with good spatiality with sharp detail….Ultimately the iFi nano IDSD is one of the best DAC with a price “for everyone” I’ve had, if not the best”

11018626_821860961182981_3700701254217061087_n_zpssrjfmwda.jpg

Thanks xatakahome.com, Fernando Doutel and Zococity (iFi:Spain)!

http://www.xatakahome.com/servicios-y-aplicaciones-de-audio/ifi-nano-idsd-alta-fidelidad-de-bolsillo-analisis

The iTube works it’s magic on Jorge Gonçalves!

You may not know but Jorge Gonçalves is the President of EISA(European Imaging and Sound Association)

“The iTube does not use DSP processing and is limited to working the signal in the analog domain, making it passed through RLC passive filters that introduce subtle phase rotations at certain frequencies and help you find the instruments that emit frequency values for low…..the iTube could add a little more emotional involvement at their hearing. Other styles of music where the inclusion of iTube made it very enjoyable musical performance were chamber music and jazz, especially in small groups and in recordings made live…..I did a quick experience of combination of iTube with the headphone amplifier Pioneer U-05-S, getting it again inserted between the CD player and the U-05-S, and using headphones like the Sennheiser HD700. And there is no doubt that the concept of binaural Blumlein works almost perfectly with headphones, even if the original recording was made in a conventional manner and not through binaural technology. The sound as coming out almost completely out of the head, there being suspended around us with greater individualization of each performing positioning within the assembly.”

“Conclusion: With the large attractive of non-introduction of overly evident colorations on the music that we hear, the iTube can introduce a slight ‘ flavouring ‘ on reproduction, which translates into a superior spatiality and which introduces some interesting clues in the exact location of the instruments of percussion.”

11081172_832362646799479_7624126326048028121_n_zpswnpvqeue.jpg

Special thanks to Jorge Gonçalves, Audio magazine and SmartAudio (iFi:Portugal)!

3D Holographic sound technical notes including Alan Dower Blumlein, can be found here: http://ifi-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/data/iTubeTechpaper2_3DHolographic.pdf

“Overflowing With Features!”

says Potatoe94 of Head-Fi about the iDSD Micro!

Pros: Superbly clean output , Lots of Power , Dynamic , Practical , Features ( 3D Holographic & XBass) , Battery Life , Construction , Design , Value.

“All of their products have performance which far exceeds their price point, making every purchase, worth it….i do own many of them, and i am very much impressed with every single one of them….i could simply hook it to my android phone by OTG direct….the XBass, increases the depth and body of your bass and sub bass, this really brings bass shy headphones or IEM to life, giving them alittle more volume and warmth….The 3D holographic switch not only widen the soundstage, and improves imaging , but also extends a little of the treble and increases it’s presence and improves imaging , but also extends a little of the treble and increases it’s presence….needless to say, its really beautiful and at this price point, it certainly beats many 1-2k desktop DACs and amps already.”

Potatoe94’s conclusion; “Until now, iFi has never made a product that disappoint, they are a truly remarkable company which makes remarkable products, The iDSD Micro design features was brainstormed with the community in mind, seeking suggestions from the fellow users here in head-fi, which i think is a really beautiful thing to see, the company putting the users first and listening to what the user wants, and includes them in their design, all companies should learn from this. The iDSD certainly is a monster packed full of features, made with quality and made to impress.”

“There is really nothing not to love about it. I hope that iFi continues to make excellent quality products as such, and i look forward to your next product in the iFi line !”

11062693_831139933588417_6468502473334293022_n_zps3eqscggm.jpg

Thanks Potatoe94 and Head-fi

http://ifi-audio.com/reviews/overflowing-with-features-says-potatoe94-of-head-fi-about-the-idsd-micro/

HeadMania impressed by the iDSD Micro!

11074450_831140690255008_1816329086878557044_n_zps4w75buw7.jpg

The tests were performed with iFi iDSD Micro, Sennheiser HD800, Audeze LCD-X, HiFiMAN HE-560, Shure 535-LTD, Sennheiser IE800, FiiO X5, FiiO E12A.

“Looking at the specs I was really impressed….Indeed, the unit is very versatile. You can use it just as DAC, just as headphone amp, pre-amp and dac/amp combo of course. The unit can also be used as USB converter as it has a spdif output as well. Besides the above, iFi still had some stuff that impressed me even further…..As I expected, the battery ads clarity and detail to the sound and it is not something hard to notice. The unit sounded very good when it was powered from usb as well and it seemed a little warmer / more analogue….My Shure 535 LTD are very sensitive and I have rarely found an amplifier not to present a small hiss in the background. With iFi the noise disappeared completely proving to be a good match with it….One of the strong things about this unit is that it sounds very natural….The Micro packs a good amount of details. I could hear some subtle things in the songs like only a gentle stroke over a guitar string, a car passing by the recording studio and even an artist scratching his face during the song….iFi Micro iDSD was a really nice surprise. I never expected this quality at that price. I didn’t feel like I was listening to a portable unit at all. I felt like listening to a full blown desktop rig. Actually, I think it might beat a lot of more expensive and bigger desktop rigs.”

Thanks Headmania!

http://ifi-audio.com/reviews/headmania-impressed-by-the-idsd-micro/