Charismatic

Technics SL SP-150

Good Afternoon laugh.gif ,

just got this old PCDP from cash convertor for $31 2 days ago. It has 2-DAC/8 times oversampling labelled on the front of the PCDP. High current output, no problem driving directly my Senn HD600, Senn HD200(even harder to drive than HD600 even though the impedence ohm stated in it spec is 64ohm, 600 has 300 ohm), sony v700dj and sony 73(spiral).

It occasionally skip, guess that is why it's at the cash convertor. However, I found that if i place it vertical [], rather than flat [ ], lesser skip, weird...

When i listen it with African tribal type of music like Deep Forest, it is great! w00t.gif fast, punchy, on to u face. Guess this PCDP would be good for rock and pop music. headphone.gif

However, for jazz like Jennifier warne or norah jones where emphasis is detail and tone, it is not as good as IRiver SP250 which I have one also. unsure.gif

I was not able to find any further info on this PCDP on the web. Any kind soul here has the technical specification for the PCDP? Furthermore, anyone know how much is it to replace the CD len for PCDP?

Thank you. tongue.gif

hmmm....quite tough to find information for old pcdps especially its not a Sony rolleyes.gif

IMHO I dont think its worth the money to change the lens.....just look out for more picks from cash converter......

Btw, what's the cash converter ?

wonder if any of the cash converters have some vintage Grados wink.gif

congrats on your purchase, Charismatic! smile.gif

ooh..so they r selling 2nd hand pcdp?

hohohooh..

maybe can introduce my friend to it.. he's looking for a cd player

but how's the quality? is it still reliable? refurbished rite

Any chance of posting a photo? You can email to use & we'll post it up for you.

$300+? OMG...

Mine is sl-sx510, worth how much (not so old though)? tongue.gif

Well, I tried selling one of my friend's MD player and they offered it $60 for it. After some time, I saw another of the same model at about $130 for sale. So I guess your pdcp player won't be worth much if you sell at cash converters. Maybe at most 30-40.

Don't try looking for Hifi stuff there too. Mostly receivers and home theater that are antique and lousy brand. Haven't seen any of the much touted tube marantz amps there too.

So Fishers & Sansui recievers are out of the question too?

Do they allow you to try out the gear?