Charismatic

Technics SL SP-150

Well, who knows when I am there, might as well pop in to have a look. How about the 2nd hand shop on the top floor of adelphi? I remember there are alot of good looking old recievers. Didn't get a chance to go in as it was closed saw a pair of beautiful horn loaded LothX speakers!

$300+? OMG...

Mine is sl-sx510, worth how much (not so old though)? tongue.gif

Well, I tried selling one of my friend's MD player and they offered it $60 for it. After some time, I saw another of the same model at about $130 for sale. So I guess your pdcp player won't be worth much if you sell at cash converters. Maybe at most 30-40.

Don't try looking for Hifi stuff there too. Mostly receivers and home theater that are antique and lousy brand. Haven't seen any of the much touted tube marantz amps there too.

Hahaha, just jocking lah, I'm quite happy with mine pcdp wink.gif

Anyway, you have to be very lucky to find anything useful there, I used to saw a bow there, but I don't have place to store and play it laugh.gif

I'm not sure. I suppose it is the one you describe. My colleague told me to go there.

hmmm.....there are quite a number of 2nd shops though.....

Example....ck audio at landmark hotel

sound impression at pearls center

2nd beat at adelphi

(Below carries traded in items)

zenn audio at bedok road

Soundscape hifi at adelphi

audio note at adelphi

Really going to have to plan my next trip properly to have time for the meet, go to all the shops mentioned, bring my wife shopping, bring my son to Sentosa/Bird Park etc. PHEW! I will need a holiday to rest from my holiday! yawn.gif

Good Afternoon forumers laugh.gif ,

Just a update. The Technics PCDP refused to work after 5 days of usage,

mati liao(death in Melayu biggrin.gif ). I have exchanged it with a Sony E445 but have to top with $38 more... mellow.gif . The E445 is more stable and less skippy then the SL SP-150. Sound wise, it's comparable with the SL SP-150, no complain. laugh.gif