Sign in to follow this  
kenshinz

Questions regarding building the CMoy

Sure?  biggrin.gif

I'll be at Suntec at 5pm....

Haha, can I come along too, then can "qin jiao qin jiao" the shifu lol.gif

party.gif SGH mini meet? yeah.gif

ok i'm on yes.gif

i hav a Rolls HA204 portable amp that can drive 4 cans at once, may come in handy if we want to listen to the same thing at the same time happy.gif will bring it along

I've drawn the layout following what Jason has shown me and the original layout shown on Tangent's site. So, Jason can help me check if I've done anything wrong ? Btw I've based the Op-amp on the OPA 2132PA or OPA 2134PA, both which are dual channel. Thanks a million !!

post-2-1067015704.gif

Edited by kenshinz

jason,

i hav opened up my rolls ha204 amp, the "something else" u saw on it is another OP-amp unsure.gif i think... so it has a total of 5 op-amps, but that hidden one has a different number from the rest, and i think its wired to input side, between the other 4 op-amps & output side, not sure what it actually does.

i think u r right about it being similar to the CMoy, but the numbers on the Op-amp is different.

Kenshinz, u think your Cmoy can be ready by the next meet? hope to see what it can do laugh.gif

hey i'm also interested in building one for myself rolleyes.gif

maybe we can help each other out.

i'm in SLS everyday, so i can get the parts more easily, but i don't know what are needed... happy.gif

maybe u can giv me a list and i can get parts for both of us, i can follow your board layout

Edited by tropicalrips

No problem always good to have another person working together. For the guide and parts list, I got them off Tangent's site, I think its best if you read through it 1st. the link is provided below. I might be going down on Monday to SLT. Will give you a call if I'm there, so we can go shop for the parts together ? yeah.gif

http://www.tangentsoft.net/audio/

Opps.... haha ok made a mistake there tongue.gif

Eh.. so how should I wire the switch ?? Thanks for pointing out the error

Something like this

post-2-1067054397.gif

In this topology, you should buy a double switch that connects the + of the first battery and the - of the second one. The drawings everything looks correct.

tropicalrips,

the first opamp is to amplify the audio signal. The second one is to control the volume for each output.

Ok now got a small problem... actually kinda major... happen to be bugis this afternoon, so decided to go over to SLT to take a look, managed to find all the parts but....I can't find the op-amp. I pratically went to all the shops selling electronic parts in SLT, and they all tell me "Sorry we don't carry op-amp". How now ?? panic.gif

Ok now got a small problem... actually kinda major... happen to be bugis this afternoon, so decided to go over to SLT to take a look, managed to find all the parts but....I can't find the op-amp. I pratically went to all the shops selling electronic parts in SLT, and they all tell me "Sorry we don't carry op-amp". How now ??

Try ordering the op-amp from RS Components. The Burr-Brown OPA2132 should be readily available.

Which op-amp are you trying to buy anyway? I won't really be surprised if you just ask for "do you sell op-amp?" and get a negative response.

Regards

CK