Sign in to follow this  
kenshinz

Questions regarding building the CMoy

one more thing...  in the drawings of Kenshinz & CKng, where do i put the volume control if i want it?

Wrong person, jtfoo is the one who posted a corrected version of kenshinz's drawing. wink.gif

For the volume control, jason has already answered.

And if you want to add volume control, the potentiometer should be included too. BTW Jason mentioned that if we're gonna use 2 9V batts we could omit the 4.75K? 1/4W metal film resistor (R2/R3), so that's 1 part off the required list

Hmm.. I remember reading somewhere in tangent's docs that this is not recommended as it could become unstable or something. Theoretically, it should, but I suppose if the batteries drain at a different rate, you will end up with unbalanced power rails. (e.g. +8 / -6V ).

Using the R2/3 voltage divider resistors will ensure a more or less even split regardless of battery voltage. Using a TLE2426 rail splitter is even better.

Regards

CK

Using the R2/3 voltage divider resistors will ensure a more or less even split regardless of battery voltage. Using a TLE2426 rail splitter is even better.

hmm.. all right, maybe I'll add that in. Doesn't cost much in the 1st place anyway, and get extra pratice for soldering smile.gif Thanks

Edited by kenshinz

The circuit that I teach you at Suntec does not require any voltage devider resistor or TLE2426. The offset of the voltage supply is due to the usage of voltage devider resistor. When current flow into R2 and R3 are different, thus voltage offset.

If you want to use the TLE2426, do not use the circuit that I taught you, it will kaput... innocent.gif

Anyway, if use 1 9V battery gives you 5 hours of listening time; 2 9V battery will give you around the same time. The theory behind this is even the voltage source had increase in voltage, the current consumption remains. Since battery power is calculate through mAH...

Could you help me to prove this theory is correct? First 1 9V than 2... tongue.gif

Thanks.

OMG i'm blur liao wacko.gif .. so Jason, if I follow what you taught me, the layout I uploaded before is correct rite ? if so, I'll follow that. And as for you theory no problem will definately try out once I've completed the amp.

if use 1 9v batt the layout will still be the same?

or need to change something? mellow.gif

if use 1 9v batt the layout will still be the same?

or need to change something? mellow.gif

One 9 volt, you need at least two identical resistor to divide the voltage.

Something like this from Headwize site. R2 & R3 are the voltage divider.

user posted image

Edited by jtfoo

ok i see it now , thanks JTfoo

hey Kenshinz u found the Op-Amp yet?

let me know when u do, i want to get a few for myself too rolleyes.gif

hav to prepare for the thing becoming "chao tar" for first try lol.gif

Not yet, use the DIP 8 IC socket, its like the cpu socket on the motherboard.. just solder that one on the board, and plug the op-amp in can liao, as least if solder wrongly wun have "chao tar" op-amp...op-amps are abit ex to have becoming "chao tar" lol.gif

Edited by kenshinz

Yo, u were there today? I went today too, got some parts for tropicalrips and tried to find the op-amp.. but couldn't find any shops selling...I tried Federal Component, but they checked and told me they dun have too. no.gif

Jialat sia... how ?? Anyone else have any ideas where I could find them?? BTW could I go down to Farnell's at Ubi to buy the part just like that? Wonder if they do walk-in purchase, could save on the delievery charges this way..

Federal sell RS and Farnell items, you need to flip open the catalogue and tell them what you want. Nevermind since you will go there again tomorrow. wink.gif

Actually when I asked them.. they went to a computer to check, I thought they were checking against Farnell or RS's catalogue....kena fake liao dry.gif .... don't think going back anytime soon this week...need a breather.

BTW could I go down to Farnell's at Ubi to buy the part just like that? Wonder if they do walk-in purchase, could save on the delievery charges this way..

Yah, you can go down their trade counter. Just give them the stock number. And if you have a student card, you're entitled to 10% discount.

To check the stock number, you can flip thru the catalogue at the Farnell trade counter, or via internet.

done liao hammer.gifbiggrin.gif

not sure if i got everything rite

heres a shot of my Cmoy without the OP-amp

still need to trim the board, looks a little too big hammer.gif

Kenshinz, when can see yours ? happy.gif oh and thanks for helping me get the parts

post-2-1067273653.jpg

Edited by tropicalrips