Sign in to follow this  
kenshinz

Questions regarding building the CMoy

I actually show them the part number, but once they saw the code OPA they straight away told me "Nope we dun carry this". Just checked out RS.. they are selling the Burr-Brown OPA2132 for $10.37. Is this a fair price ?

Which floor did you go to?

Anyway most would be closed hense you may not get good bargain.

I normally go 3rd floor....

I actually show them the part number, but once they saw the code OPA they straight away told me "Nope we dun carry this". Just checked out RS.. they are selling the Burr-Brown OPA2132 for $10.37. Is this a fair price ?

Yeah, that's what I paid for mine. These things don't come cheap. Wait till you find out what the higher end ones like the OPA627, OPA637 costs. wink.gif

*sigh* So hard to buy proper parts down here in Singapore/SLT. I usually buy the more uncommon parts like the op-amps, etc online, then go to the stores for stuff like resistors, caps, etc. Good looking cases are hard to find as well.

Regards

CK

Suprisingly, almost all the shops were opened today, I bought all the stuff on the 3rd floor, got everything except the 2 caps u (Jason) passed me, the pot, the board and the op-amp for $4

CK, for RS they don't have any min orders rite ? What about shipping fees in Singapore ? Thanks

7 dollars for purchase less than $100.

Normally I buy from a shop at SLT that takes Farnell, RS orders.

name is Federal Component, 2nd floor.

Not open on Saturday though... ohmy.gif

7 dollars for purchase less than $100.

Normally I buy from a shop at SLT that takes Farnell, RS orders.

name is Federal Component, 2nd floor.

Not open on Saturday though...

Federal does RS/Farnell? That's cool! Now I don't need to worry about minimum orders.

Regards

CK

u can't find op-amps in SLS either, i tried today mellow.gif

because some of the SLT shops hav branch in SLS so i thought i giv it a try, but no luck, all the other components should be no problem in SLS, thats why i thought i go for the OP-amp first laugh.gif

there are still some shops in SLS at the back lanes that also carry will try them on monday

Kenshinz next week i'm off on wed, so i can't go SLT on mon, i can only look for the parts during luchbreak

If so try to find which shop that sells opamp (latest and current). I know one shop in basement quite good in transistor....

Don't mind tumpang for me...

Thanks....

If so try to find which shop that sells opamp (latest and current). I know one shop in basement quite good in transistor....

Don't mind tumpang for me...

Thanks....

in SLS or SLT?

tropicalrips,

the first opamp is to amplify the audio signal. The second one is to control the volume for each output.

this part looks different from the CMOY, is it an improvement? mellow.gif

can it also be integrated into the Cmoy design?

one more thing... rolleyes.gif in the drawings of Kenshinz & CKng, where do i put the volume control if i want it?

Yup you can integrate, but you would need to trace all the copper trace.

The volume pot would have 2 X 3 pins. Add the first pin to the input signal (cd player), the second to the cap (cap that connect to the input of opamp) and third to ground.

SLT please. biggrin.gif

No problem always good to have another person working together. For the guide and parts list, I got them off Tangent's site, I think its best if you read through it 1st. the link is provided below. I might be going down on Monday to SLT. Will give you a call if I'm there, so we can go shop for the parts together ? yeah.gif

http://www.tangentsoft.net/audio/

kenshinz i hav seen the parts list on Tangent's site...but i'm a little confussed by it mellow.gif

i counted no more then 12 individual components on the drawing, but the list has more then that, that means the others are alternates or optional right?

if so which are the ones u bought?

Edited by tropicalrips

Kenshinz next week i'm off on wed, so i can't go SLT on mon, i can only look for the parts during luchbreak

Hey no prob. I've to see how motivated I'm on Monday 1st anyway smile.gif If I'm there I'll give u a call (today was a spur of the moment trip & I forgot to bring your number out). Hopefully can find the opamp at Federal, need to get a few more stuff.... board, wires and new stereo mini jacks. The ones I got today were of a lousy quality no.gif

Yup those with the Alt. prefix in front are alternatives. There is another table below the required list which listed all the optional parts. But there are a few things like

DIP-8 IC sockets

Power switch (mini SPDT* toggle)

Which I think should be in the required list. The DIP-8 IC socket allows the removal of the op-amp in the future and basically makes sure that if I make a mistake while soldering, its not the op-amp that's kapu, but the socket. As for the power switch, in the end we still need something to on the amp rite... wonder why they put it under the optional section ??

And if you want to add volume control, the potentiometer should be included too. BTW Jason mentioned that if we're gonna use 2 9V batts we could omit the 4.75K? 1/4W metal film resistor (R2/R3), so that's 1 part off the required list