Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

Mobile Phone

I'm not sure, probably not if it's new but I could be wrong.

n@z,

how are the pics resolution taken with the camera?

even with 65k colours, my T610 still sux.(think is the camera)

I'm not sure, probably not if it's new but I could be wrong.

damn. I would've sold my soul to get my hands on that right now. biggrin.gif

augustineRS, the camera resolution is pretty much like the current crop of built in cameras. The screen appears to be better than the T610. The smaller Samsung E700 has a slightly better screen & camera though, shame it doesn't have BT, the external screen is a neat touch.

The X70 has a small LCD screen which can be programmed with analog or digital clock or summary info. The cool part is you can assign 7 different backlight combinations for various functions. The default being blue (red, green, pink, purple, white & rainbow-all colours flashes). It feels very solid for a flip type fone & fits the hand nicely. Reception so far is very good. Battery life is not as impressive as the Sony-E (Typical of most Sonys) but can last almost 2 days on standby & very light use.

As with differnt makes, you have to relearn the sms function. Thankfully the Predictive text dictionary is very intuitive & can recognise some chinese names amongst normal names & most common short form on words.

Wow, looking forward to the Nokia 9500.

Bought the SE Z600 on Sunday. Having loads of fun with it! biggrin.gif

My partner dropped her 8310 into a pail of water, so I passed her mine, which gives me plenty of reasons to get a new phone. How's that for an excuse? tongue.gif

just got myself a ericsson t610 after my nokia 6510 went crazy. biggrin.gif

I have the same phone as you and am also considering the switch to the sony. How do you like the T610 compared to the 6510?

features of the t610 is far more than the 6510. but i feel that 6510 is a very good phone with no funny quirks and generally quite fast.

major functions of a phone for me includes sms and phonebook. but these are the 2 areas which nokia excels in. for phonebook, u can access the names pretty quickly. for example, the nokia u can type 'cm' and you'll reach 'cmk' pretty quickly. for ericsson, you can only type in C and scroll down which definitely is slow.

for sms, the ericsson is slower in typing t9 msgs as the phone needs to 'think' before displaying the word.

overall, the t610 has a sluggish feel as each menu action takes some time to appear. these are the few things that might irritate you if you are used to nokia.

I was considering changing to T610 till I tried my friend's.. found it too slow, guess I'm too used to Nokia's speed. Wonder if the T630 does improve on the speed of the menu selections. Samsung's new X430 looks quite nice too, except for the fact that it has very basic and limited features, no bluetooth, camera and infra, but its slim and small, with a nice color screen to boot. tongue.gif

Looks like a T630 on steroids! Any idea on the specs? Got this from a quick search:

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=52724

Not particularly familiar with the current crop of mobiles out there.

Looking to upgrade from my 2 yr old SonyEricsson T68i. Love some features of SE phones, but sometimes the ergonomics sucks.

Are there phones that match these requirements? The best I can come up with is the T610, but it also has its downsides like dark screen in sunlight and slow menus.

1. Non-clamshell design

2. Picture phone book - e.g. photo of caller shows up in addition to phone number

3. SMS dictionary must be able to add new words (Very important!)

4. Multiple phone numbers to a name in the phone book

5. Camera

6. 65K colours, good ringtone quality

7. Reasonable battery life

8. Data cable included would be nice

9. FM radio would be nice but not essential

Unnecessary/non-essential features

1. MMS

2. Java

3. Bluetooth

4. Chinese input

5. WAP