Sign in to follow this  
Mackie

A look at Beyer Pro and closed-back cans

LOL! I hardly got to use it much so I assume that smell is from the original headphones itself. I assume you have collected them. They are a little tight on the head but I assume that's to ensure the seal for isolation. Try bending back the headband. How do you find the bass?

im seriously considering ploping down the cash for these pair as my main home phones...

do they need to be amped to run good?... if so, shud i get a good amp first or the other way around...

Sounded boomy and blocks most ambient noise. A bit hard to drive with my MArantz 7300 alone. Will try with the PPA tomorrow.

ygpm jason.

im seriously considering ploping down the cash for these pair as my main home phones...

do they need to be amped to run good?... if so, shud i get a good amp first or the other way around...

Impedance of DT-150 is 250 ohm and an amp is essential to hear them at their best. DT-250 is available in 80ohm or 250ohm impedance. Hence, U might consider the 250 (80ohm) instead if U don't have an amp and are not planning to have one in the near future. BTW, 150 and 250 are similarly priced.

Hence if you are going the amped route you know which one you should go for!

then i shall have to be patient and save up for a good amp then... sleep.gif

of course being patient is enuff to make anyone go nuts sometimes but im a firm believer that good things come to those who wait... wacko.gif

soon i shall have to consider a budget hehehe.... but i just remembered that january is ERS for me... hahaha.. plus with my ord in december, i will be considered an 'active' nsman so i shud, in theory, be getting 600... who knows i might be coming down to the meet with an extra toy or two w00t.gif

btw, how much is the dt-150?... looked up the local prices list and it wasnt there...

PM Mackie.

After about 200 hours of burn-in (Naz......U gotta read this), I brought my new pair of DT-150 home and listened to it for a couple of hours. I discovered the bass is not as tight as my demo pair but the mids-highs are very much equivalent. I reckon this cans will probably follow the path of DT-880 which needed lots of time to reach its peak.

Those who are used to Beyer cans will know the cable (1-sided ones) protrude from the left channel but it's the reverse on DT-150. I made a mistake in wearing the 150 the other way round and it sounded like a DT-250........not bad but not the beast I came to know of 150! lol.gif

Finally, I bought this cd......bassist in Buena Vista Social Club fame ie; Orlando Cachiato Lopez.

user posted image

While flipping through the inner sleeves, I discovered the percussionist and Orlando are weaing DT-150s. Now, I must say we have to follow the masters! Buy this cd if U own a pair of DT-150. headphone.gif

Edited by Mackie

NOW you tell me! LOL!

Unfortunately stuff which are outside of the charts are rare as hen's teeth here. I might try in Miri if & when I go there.

Getting back on track, The Buena Vista Social Club CD will be the first thing I'm gonna play on the DT150 as I have been listening to it on a regular basis on both my main & bed rig.