Sign in to follow this  
Northern Oak

Stereophile and Chesky Test CDs

For those looking for the Stereophile Test CDs and the Chesky Recordings and many others, I found the 2 CD shops at Adelphi to be pretty good. I browsed through both shops but eventually bought 3 discs from New Disc Village, Level 4. The owner is a very nice guy, not only letting you try out any discs, he even recommends which track to listen to. And he got a very good setup for you to test the discs.

Eventually got myself a Chesky Demonstration Disc, a Denon Hi-Fi String (absolutely superb) and another Chinese disc by Chen Jieli (awesome vocals).

and another Chinese disc by Chen Jieli (awesome vocals).

i also have this disc, if you like this disc you should try other discs from the same label.

cheers

Is it? Any others to recommend? I really like the recording for Jieli as he could hear her breathe, my fav happens to be the first song, an oldie which my mum told me is sung originally by Zhou Xuan.

Is it? Any others to recommend? I really like the recording for Jieli as he could hear her breathe, my fav happens to be the first song, an oldie which my mum told me is sung originally by Zhou Xuan.

"yue hai liu sheng" by her and the other two girls.

how about Snow Rose? very nice chinese singer (english songs though)

the recording picks up a lot of the lil noises like breathing, throat-clearing etc, but then, the amount of background hiss is also damn high rolleyes.gif

a sample to download

its a .rar file so must uncompress

http://www.cryophilia.com/temp/Snow%20Rose...0(3m%2024s).rar

how about Snow Rose? very nice chinese singer (english songs though)

the recording picks up a lot of the lil noises like breathing, throat-clearing etc, but then, the amount of background hiss is also damn high rolleyes.gif

a sample to download

its a .rar file so must uncompress

http://www.cryophilia.com/temp/Snow%20Rose...0(3m%2024s).rar

yes..Snow Rose is another one....she got 2 CDs, prefer the first one over the 2nd one....

a point to note when buying the 1st CD, there are 2 versions 1 with addition unplug track and one without....

a point to note when buying the 1st CD, there are 2 versions 1 with addition unplug track and one without....

there's a Snow Rose XRCD costing $40-$50 too rolleyes.gif