Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

New music CD/Album releases

Has anyone got or listened to the new album Sacred Love by Sting yet? Other than the first single release Send your love. Supposed to be available in hybrid SACD too.

user posted image

I'm a big fan of the man way back from The Police up till now. He has 2 CDs which I must have in my collection called At The Movies & Last Sessions.

Edited by N@Z

RUSH in Rio Released on the 21st of October 2003, this three CD album is touted as the most celebrated Live Rock album of the New Century. A must have to the 'Rush' fan at the very least, indeed.

B0000C0FJB.01

RUSH in Rio Released on the 21st of October 2003, this three CD album is touted as the most celebrated Live Rock album of the New Century. A must have to the 'Rush' fan at the very least, indeed.

Is "Tom Sawyer" on this CD?

jonny greenwood "bodysong"

yes it's a soundtrack, but i'd say you can feel the radiohead influence in there and i love radiohead thus the recommendation!

A farily recent release & something different from my usual fare. The music is traditional 'Joget ejek mengejek'. Typically from the malay culture. What sets it apart, & what I like about it compared to his previous releases is the collaboration with various exponents of the popular Malay music scene who provide a characteristic sound to the songs unique to their genere. For example Ramli Sarip lends a very Bluesy flavour to the song 'Selapis Kasih Sedulang Rindu' & Amy (ex mega-rock band Search) has a very modern pop/rock flavour to 'Sama Rasa' & so on.

Malay language recordings for several years back used to sound pretty bad & at best acceptable, it's nice to hear that gradually the recordings have improved especially from the big names & recording companies. It can certainly mix it up with the international world music scene. The 'Rebana/kompang' drums have a satisfyingly resonant timbre & nice decay.

SAVE0143.jpg

If anyone is interested in Norah Jones' new upcoming release: Feels Like home

http://www.bluenote.com/detail.asp?SelectionID=10284

Sunrise track is good. Jury's still out for me on the rest of the songs.