Sign in to follow this  
Guest cannib682

Any Head/Ear phone recommendation for MUVO

Guest cannib682

hi guyz..

Looking for some portable head or ear phones to go with the MUVO nx/muvo2 ..

i was browsing thru this forum but still think its better to ask for recommendation

points i am looking for..

1. compact. the player is quite small so looking for any thing that is not too big when kept.

2. price 50-100. not looking something that is not that expensive

3. comfort.. correct me but earphone cannot wear for long but you dun really notice them? headphone however will cause sweaty ears?

4. freq response the wider the better?

5. what is superaural and intraaural?

thanx guys for any help you all can provide

cannib

Edited by cannib682

welcome.gif

earphone, hm, yes quite painful, headphones, no, sweaty only if its close headphones. Open usually don't pose a problem of heat buildup (usually).

freq response, as long as the headphones has more than around 100hz-16khz, above that, the wider doesn't always mean better.

supraaural is those with cups that rest on your ears, intraaural i guess is like earbus, stuck in your ears?

Anyway, would you prefer with isolation or without (i.e. block outside noise)?

Also, what headphones/earphones have u tried? Would be helpful if you tell us which you like and which you do not so we can roughly see what kind of sound you prefer.

Edited by lekguan

Guest cannib682

thx for the reply.. lets see..

isolation would be nice but would it mean higher prices?

head phones.. so far has been sony g62 (very old model one.. rotting somewhere in my drawers hammer.gif ) and other stock earpieces.. from discman and such..

havent really bought a better one and thats y im here! hehe..

it shouldnt be too deep for bass and sounds cystal clear?

i dunno if all these information provided can help..

Thank in advance!! biggrin.gif

hi guyz..

Looking for some portable head or ear phones to go with the MUVO nx/muvo2 ..

1. compact. the player is quite small so looking for any thing that is not too big when kept.

2. price 50-100.  not looking something that is not that expensive

3. comfort.. ***

Hi there!

Perhaps you can look in the "Headphone priced locally" thread for suggestions of models that are within your price range. Plus, the thread also list places where you could purchase the headphones.

http://www.sgheadphones.com/index.php?showtopic=60

Personally, I recommend the Koss KSC 50 or 55. Both phones utilizes the same drivers, the differences are in design & style. These phones are easy to drive and sound great for their price. If I'm not wrong, the price is at around S$50 in S'pore.

Further up your price range are the Sennheiser PX-100 and PX-200. I think the PX-200 is a closed design and thus confers better isolation. I'm not sure if the PX-100 is closed as well. But both are compact and foldable headphones. I read in the pricing thread that the PX-100 goes for around S$80, while the PX-200 goes for around S$100.

Good luck !! luck.gif And happy shopping headphone.gif

Edited by Ticky