Sign in to follow this  
jarthel

where to buy JPOP CDs in singapore?

my parents are visiting that place in January and I want them to buy some CDs for me. Thanks for the replies.

jayel

I think almost all the cd shops have them(eg Music Junction, cd-rama, Sembawang)

Biggest collection of J-pop cds: HMV(Heeren) but then be prepared to pay about 40-50 dollars per full album. They are Japanese imported cds hence the high price. For singles, maybe $18-20?

Otherwise I would suggest going to sembawang cd shops. They have a few branch but unfortunately I am only familiar at the sembawang(orchard mrt) hehhee.... biggrin.gif

Also do check out the cd-rama just next to it.

Gramaphone at near city hall mrt does carry some j-pop cds as well.

I think almost all the cd shops have them(eg Music Junction, cd-rama, Sembawang)

Biggest collection of J-pop cds: HMV(Heeren) but then be prepared to pay about 40-50 dollars per full album. They are Japanese imported cds hence the high price. For singles, maybe $18-20?

Otherwise I would suggest going to sembawang cd shops. They have a few branch but unfortunately I am only familiar at the sembawang(orchard mrt) hehhee.... biggrin.gif

Also do check out the cd-rama just next to it.

Gramaphone at near city hall mrt does carry some j-pop cds as well.

so sembawang and cd-rama is in orchard mart?

Jarthel,

Search for compact disc dealers in www.yellowpages.com.sg. Seek Sembawang Music Centre Pte Ltd and U should see a list of its outlets and addresses. I tried to copy it onto this post but to no avail.

Alternatively, try Gramaphone at Capital Building. The shop is diagonally opposite City Hall Shopping Cente and directly opposite a church compound.

Jarthel,

Search for compact disc dealers in www.yellowpages.com.sg. Seek Sembawang Music Centre Pte Ltd and U should see a list of its outlets and addresses. I tried to copy it onto this post but to no avail.

Alternatively, try Gramaphone at Capital Building. The shop is diagonally opposite City Hall Shopping Cente and directly opposite a church compound.

I typed "Sembawang Music Centre Pte Ltd" and "Sembawang Music" in "company name" I get only 1 result.

--------------

are the jpop CDs from Sembawang and CD-rama fake? Someone who has visited Singapore said that I can easily find them in Singapore.

Thanks for the replies.

typed "Sembawang Music Centre Pte Ltd" and "Sembawang Music" in "company name" I get only 1 result.

There's an icon "complete list" below the main office address. Click on it to view the list of outlets.

U won't find J-pop bootlegs in the aforementioned cd shops and I don't know where the "fakes" are available. Most of these on sale are distributed by Taiwan or HK record companies.

Edited by Mackie

Other place like Music Junction and cd-rama might be worth checking out too but I feel that sembawang's price is pretty good(cheapest?).

However from my experience, they don't quite stock a very large collection of j-pop. Some of the stuffs can't be found at all sleep.gif . This is true for almost all the shops except maybe the HMV.

Album is usually around 20 dollars(most of the time $18) but some are priced at $22(nicer packaging etc)

Singles.. well I am not too sure as I've not bought any to date tongue.gif

ya a add on at all this shop normally you can find the new j-pop items if you are looking for old cds .... then you have to try Gramaphone !! laugh.giflaugh.gif

I like the gramaphone esp at infront of the city hall mrt coz some cds are clearing at very low price.

I think i got a few nice j-pop cds( Ryo aska- never end for $10, takashi sorimachi's best of my time for .. $13?)

yeah so do check them out too yes.gif