power section

4 * 25v 470uF caps

2 * 1uF signal coupling caps

1 * TLE2426 rail-spilter

post-2-1071596310.jpg

Edited by tropicalrips

signal section

1 * AD823 op-amp

2 * EL2001CN buffer (still waiting for collection)

post-2-1071596507.jpg

Edited by tropicalrips

the complete amp

signal section can be re-configured or rebuild into a different amp without having to touch the power side, some of the components will be upgraded once the final parts are in.

will be using the Wima caps from jason, and panasonic low noise caps, i will push them to 1000uF with the power board laying on its side to make the clearence for the mint tin. the whole board is smaller then the CHA47 when done with new layout of the resistors.

post-2-1071597509.jpg

Edited by tropicalrips

shot of the 3 amps together

on the left : CHA47

on the right : the mini monster, with the first attempt at the new resistor layout, its also a kind of test amp for me. this amp is showing a lot of potential, i hav measured the voltage to as low as 5.1 volts without disstortion or the op-amp driffting, i didn't use a rail spilter on this amp cause i wanted to see how stable the layout is. might also be due to the big caps used , but thats yet to be confirm

currently testing this amp using A23 batt, this batt has an output voltage of 12v, but don't know how long it will last sleep.gif

anyone knows if they hav a rechargeable version for the A23 batt? i should be able to fit 4 of the a23 batts into the mint tin with the new amp, this should be lighter then carrying around 2 9v

post-2-1071598907.jpg

Edited by tropicalrips

You're the real DIY man. Is it the BUF634 you're waiting.... Pardon me for not knowing, what is low noise cap...

i now got both the Buf634 & EL2001cn buffers, will be using the EL buffers first cause i can't find the adaptors for the buf634 chips. want to test the 634's 180mhz speed against the 70mhz of the EL chip

smile.gif its stated on the RS cataloge "low noise" & "audio grade" there are 2 types, both from Elna, 1 is red in color the other is black with gold stripe

i think they cost about the same as the Panasonic caps with gold stripe that i'm using now in the cha47, maybe a little more

If the meta is good, might really consider getting from you. wink.gif

Gave up on the CMoy cos i think it didn't really got well with my PX200 & Plug.

Edited by augustineRS

If the meta is good, might really consider getting from you. wink.gif

Gave up on the CMoy cos i think it didn't really got well with my PX200 & Plug.

will keep u posted on this issue with lower impedance cans, i might hav to reduce the gain to solve this problem

ya is the volume pot added ? laugh.gif

no volume pot for the first version, i will add the volume pot when i can get the right one, the ones i hav are too big sad2.gif

Oic ..

ok ..

hope to see your next work ..

that a nice amp !! and layout !! laugh.gifhappy.gif

finally finished it smile.gifsmoke.gif

changed the signal coupling caps to Wima caps

good & bad news for AugustineRS...the hissing/raining noise with low impedance headphones is gone w00t.gif

but i'm hearing distortion with the 16ohm headphones when the bass in the music kicks in

with the porta & HD570 it was perfect, volume is slighty reduced over the CHA47/Cmoy , but the bass is much more rich & detailed, it doesn't feel like u are sitting infront of a sub-woofer like the Cmoy. the higher current output makes the cans come alive.

i suspect the new problem of distortion with the 16ohm headphones could also be due to the high current of the buffers. The EL2001CN has a rated output current of 100mA 70mhz bandwidth. maybe too high for the 16ohm headphones to handle unsure.gif

post-2-1071685175.jpg

Edited by tropicalrips

cool great work so when you are going to dress it upz ??? hmm distortion well it can be solve ...! are you going it from the headphone jackout ? laugh.gifhappy.gif

i suspect the new problem of distortion with the 16ohm headphones could also be due to the high current of the buffers. The EL2001CN has a rated output current of 100mA 70mhz bandwidth. maybe too high for the 16ohm headphones to handle  unsure.gif

On the contrary, I don't think it's case of too much current. The buffer output current when as it's needed, and the max 2001cn will go is 100ma.

You can try stacking the 2001cn. two buffer sharing the load will perform better.

Edited by jtfoo