Monster A47 variant

finally finish it after 5hrs smile.gif

but i think its worth it headphone.gif

user posted image

the caps are Panasonic FC series 10v 4700uF , real monsters lol.gif

user posted image

shot of the back with the power jumpers

user posted image

together with my Cmoy Slayer , as u can see the monster can still be fitted into a mint-tin, i looking at some transparent case from Hammond , i think those might be a better choice for the monsters smile.gif

user posted image

Edited by tropicalrips

its layout is A47/Cmoy but i hav made some changes to it, so can't really call it a Cmoy or A47 anymore, its like a cross of the 2 designs.

the output of this amp is from the bottom op-amp alone unlike the A47 which has the output of the second op-amp loop back to the output of the first.

the output part of the amp is similar to the Variant/Cmoy slayer design, i'm using the second op-amp to output higher current.

the 2 chips i use actually sounds better then my first A47 smile.gif not bad for a $2 op-amp, but i can hear their flaws when use with higher end cans (HD570 & ATH-D40fs) . but with the sporta pro & porta pro , it sounds good. i bought 4 of each chip and it still cost less then 1 AD823 (my fav)

You should catalogue all your variants properly & bring them to the next Meet so that people can try them out & hear the differences with their own gear. They look kind of overkill to me (& surely it would affect your DIY quotes as well) but if it makes a difference & people like it why not eh?

the monster series are build for fun, to test out different board layout & to see how far i can go smile.gif

i don't really intent to sell these monster unless someone actually ask for it smile.gif

the actual variants that i will sell will be more "tone down" versions of the monsters to keep the price lower biggrin.gif

here's a picture catalogue of the amps i hav build so far

front row (from left):

basic Cmoy monster layout ver 1.0

Mackie inspired Cmoy monster aka F1 monster Cmoy smile.gif

A47 variant monster layout aka Starwars Pot-racer

middle row (from left):

first successful basic Cmoy (gain 3.1)

second basic Cmoy (gain 6)

second mini Cmoy (first one was sold , aka herbal candy Cmoy)

first A47 (original design)

first Cmoy variant / mint-meta (changable signal section, can be swap into either amp)

back row (from left):

mini Cmoy in PDA charger

A47 variant final version in mint tin

Cmoy variant final version in mint tin

post-2-1072540336.jpg

Edited by tropicalrips