Rameish

The Correct Way To Run In Your Headphone

actually adding an 'in' to famous totally changes the meaning of famous.?biggrin.gif

i spotted the XLO today in aldephi's disc village. the shop carries mostly high quality recordings stuff and the uncle is very friendly too. he lets people test CDs using his pretty good speaker system. can be tested using headphones too but i can't recommend it as the speaker is too loud. Recommended.

I meant to be a bit "tongue in cheek" when I said infamous..... tongue.gif

So dynamic are RR recordings that they can put lesser systems to realize of their quick saturation upon climax. Hence infamous - famous in a wicked and notorious way....Rameish is spot on! Play the last track on the XLO disc and U will know what I mean. The organ roll (measured by a friend who's a sound engineer) goes down to 10Hz (he gauged it with his SVS subwoofer - a mean bugger). My speakers can only handle freqs down to 35Hz.

The uncle is Ernest. Besides selling cds, he also make JPS power cords of a different gauge from the off-the-shelf JPS at a lower price. He allows home trials but only if full payment is made as deposit.

Edited by Mackie

Mackie,

I just played the last track using the Grado SR-225, then SR-325, then RS-1. I'm now happy as a bee. The bite of that recording and the legato is aptly demonstrated by the RS-1. Wow.

Now I'm taking out the other big gun - the HP-1. But that's for my round midnight listening.

Bye now - I'm going to nirvana.

Rameish:

Enjoy, little bee! I'm sure U were not aware of these gem recordings on a test disc er? For jazz, try the Eileen Farrell track too. U'll love it. yes.gif

sorry...

is that i just leave the headphone for 72 hours??

We must have missed this one...

Yes hongchan, leave it on for 72 hours straight. If you can, plug it into your minicompo or reciever, tune into a 24hr radio station & leave it on for that duration.

I was reading (after drooling at the 'nude' PreHead pics!) this today so I pass it along...

http://home.t-online.de/home/meier-audio/t.../tipstricks.htm

A limited selection of Reference Recordings can be found in Audiophile Heaven at Northpoint.

Dug up this old thread. Wonder if the above mentioned shop has the XLO, interested to get 1 for trying.

Also, where is Adelphi's disc village.

I saw the XLO disc at Gramaphone (at John Little's) Orchard Road.

Oh got it already, the XLO cd. Boss was listening to Best Audiophile Voices II. I couldn't resist and got 1 of those as well.

Edited by lekguan

Would it matter if I ripped the burn-in track into a .wav file format on PC & put it on repeat using WMP rather than using my CDP. I'm mechanically very symphatetic, don't want my CDP to wear out sooner than it has to.

I am using my computer to burn in all my headphones.

Yeah, I am also very afraid that some parts would've to be replaced sooner due to the 100hrs non-stop moving burn in biggrin.gif

So in theory playing the +125MB .wav file put on repeat won't cause any wear & tear to the hard drive?