Sign in to follow this  
blackadder

The Hunted

Well, Headphones aside, you guys watch "The Hunted", I am really intrigue by the knife, known as " the tracker"

The knife design is a mix of Tom Brown and Dave Beck's work. Dave Beck used to be a main maker of that knife. There was a couple year period where Dave beck didn't make the knife, and Tom Brown took the design to TOPS to have it made there. Then the movie came out. The movie version is not the TOPS version as far as I know. The grind is much higher as on the Dave Beck version. I am not sure about the saw teeth, but if you can find a pic of the movie version, check the saw as well- the TOPS saw has large teeth like a chainsaw, where the Beck version has smaller teeth. Any confusion over the knives is that we don't know who makes the knife "just like" in that movie. TOPS makes the Tom Brown Tracker Knife, so if that is important to you, get the TOPS one. If you want the one more like the actual one in the movie, made by a custom guy, then the Beck is the one to go with. There is also a maker in Austrailia (I forget his name, but there are tons of pics on his work here- do a search for "tracker" or "evo"). He makes an ATS-34 "version" of the knife as well.

Anyway, forgotten you guys are not the people from the knife community.

Anyway cheers

How about Johnny English? You guys watch that yet?