Sign in to follow this  
augustineRS

Anti-Advanced Copy Right CDs Activist!

Lately the protection cds are in the market.

I mean those that cannot playback in cdrw drive or even some older cdp.

I'm really pissed with this as I usually use my desktop/laptop as source.

Now I can't playback quite alot of the new cds.

Just bought the 12 Girl Band(chinese orchastral ,really good,in hdcd format with a vcd at $16!!!),

and I can't playback,so is my Delerium ,Chimera.

At least Delerium labeled clearly behind that it is protected, and waived respondsibility if it can't playback but not the 12 Girl Band.

I respect artistes right to intellectual property but I think this is real pain in the ass.Any of you have the same sentiments?

Maybe is becos i usually use the desktop/laptop as source thats y i've complaints but seriously I think they had taken things too FAR!

Just want to express my 2cents worth and Anger!

So far I've been able to play all my cds on my second hand 8-10 year old cd deck. Honestly even those copy protected cds I could still play 'em, even to the extant of copying them. So far I've yet to encounter anything.

well another way is to search for cracks ... download them and then install ... see if it works ! happy.gif

Can you explain how downloading cracks is supposed to help with being able to use copy protected discs?

Read somewhere on the net that such copy protection is easily circumvented by disabling AudioPlay (press shift when you load the CD). The protection is apparently rather "primitive" in the form of a proggie that autoruns and prevents ripping/etc.

You might want to give that a try to see if it works.

Regards

CK

i mean decodes here .. la ... kenshinz .. dont everytime assume can ! lol.giflol.gif

I read about the shift key thingy from cnet sometime back.

But the ones, protection applied, is adding another coat on the cd or something like that.

I'm pretty sure cdrw cant read them.

But normal cd rom is able to read/playback

ckng, sadly, that only works for Enhanced CDs. Even trying disk-copy also causes a failure after the 4th track is burnt on my Lisa Ono CD. The worst part is that failed disc can't be player on a normal CDP either as it has not been finalized.

N_T, unless you know of one, I'm not aware of any decoders available to read Copy Protected Discs on Computers/CD-RW yet.

hammer.gif well i make myself clear go and search ... ( this means that i dont't even know weather it exist !! )

anyway ..

i hate playing any VCD or DVD on the com,it picture looks crape !! unless a powerful graphic card ( i not too sure too ) innocent.gif

You made a reply to which you have no idea whether it existed or not, you might as well been thread crapping. Apparently you misunderstood about what the discussion is about. Unless I am mistaken...

Edited by N@Z

i have tried many things from using special settings in EAC to using CloneCD to make a cd image and ripping them again from EAC. but radiohead's Hail to the Thief album still has clicks all over the place. in the end i resorted to downloading them from the net.

what a nice way to prevent pirates!! ppth.gif

I ran into some CD's I had purchased which I could not rip into my PC.

That doesn't fly with me since I use a PC as a dedicated media player witth 24/96 audio card and currently holds about 20,000 high bitrate (many lossless) song files. Instead in made me determined to find a way to get the music I had paid for into my audio player - which happens to be a PC.

I had found in many cases Exact Audio Copy or Plextools Pro (with Plextor drive) was able to perform a full digital audio extraction. One instance required opening Plextools then using EAC to rip the file (don't ask, it worked I don't know why).

In the worst case, I had been totally unable to find any software which could see more than the first four tracks, with the remaing six tracks hidden within data files. On that CDS I resorted to a crude yet effective method . . . . . I was forced to allow the the CD-included player to install on my PC and then record each track with Total Recorder.

Total Recorder works by intercepting the audio data prior to the sound card by emulating a sound card driver. After recording the data it is passed on to your true soundcard driver and you hear it as usual. The stream, software, player, etc have no way to detect that the audio is being 'tapped'.

Yes this was a nuisence, but since the track times were on the back of the CD and the player displayed elapsed time the task was much less tedious, so I just put on my cans, listened, enjoyed, and recorded. The only other downside is that Total Recorder is not a free program.