Sign in to follow this  
Rameish

An Open Letter to Har28

har28,

The reason I'm not willing to help you get a better price in the Grado 80 PowerBuy is simple.

1) My 1st encounter with you was when you offered S$600 for my then relatively new Grado RS-1 (retail price is S$1,200).

2) My second encounter with you was with the Ety.

We couldn't agree on the price and that was okay. But you were at the same time "informing" other potential buyers in a related ety thread that my ety was possibly defective while you we sms-ing me and negotiating on price. See here: http://www.sgheadphones.com/index.php?showtopic=270&hl=ety

In other words putting doubt into potential buyers minds hoping that I would reduce my price to what you were willing to pay.

3) My 3rd encounter with you was when you made an offer to buy the Ety together with a Porta Corda II at a given price. I said I'll get back to you and agreed on the price but apprently you had changed your mind and only responed to my phone calls as to your no show at my place with an sms that read somthing like; "Don't call having lecture". I then sms-ed you but you didnot respond. I also did not get an apology from you for standing me up.

4) My 4th encounter with you was when I was selling off my Grado ex-demo sets and I had explicitly stated that there will be no reservations as too many people reserve but then don't come down to collect. You got upset that I did not reserve the SR-80 ex-demo set.

5) My 5th encounter with you was explaining to you that every seller hopes to get the highest price and every buyer wishes to get the lowest price. And I gave an example of you trying to sell your Senn HD-600 for more than S$400 when the new price was about S$450. You expalined to me that this set you were selling was not the second hand set that you bought from another member for S$300 plus but was in fact another Senn HD-600 that you bought for a lot higher than S$450. I went hmm...and thought to myself a likely story.

6) My 6th enounter with you is in this thread where once again you were considering buying a Grado SR-80. So I thought you were real thick skinned. Now you seem to indicate that you didn't know that tropicalrips was organising and I was negotiating on sgheadphones behalf. Forgive me once again but - that's another likely story.

As you once did before, you once again seem to claim that I use my moderator status as some kind of whip to "slap" anyone I do not like. So this is the second time you are accusing me of this when in fact I have never altered your warning indicator.

The only time I intervened was when you were thread crapping in another member's classified post.

Look at it this way - since you offered S$600 for a S$1,200 Grado Headphone. Shouldn't you have offered you 2nd pair of Senn HD-600 at half the S$450 new retail price? ie S$225. Afterall you do think that offering S$600 for a S$1,200 headphone is fair.

As you read the points above can you blame me for not wanting to have anything to do with you?

And I ask myself this: If you are saving every penny for education as you suggest, then pray tell me what are you doing buying 2 ipods (this is your second), having 2 Senn HD-600 (I still find this one difficult to swallow), intending to buy Grado RS-1, Etymotics 4, Porta Corda II and god know what else like a mobile phone etc. Are you trying to portray yourself as a poor foreign exchange student in SAJC? http://www.sgheadphones.com/index.php?showtopic=1829&st=0 If so the disguise is rather thin and plain to see.

Thank you for being a potential "buyer" for me but please let's keep the count to 6 times and no more.

Also if you do insinuate that I abuse my mod status once more I will take action. I've had enough. You are free to discuss the matter but not insinuate any futher.

Edited by Rameish

I see the picture now.

For a moment I thought was just a deal gone sour but it was much more than that.

Hmm...

Though I'm up for the action untaken by Rameish.

Keep the Peace guys!

I've had one encounter with this guy myself, when he pmed me a lowball offer($90) for my sr80s when I put them up for sale, despite my stating explicitly that the price was not negotiable(I was selling them at $120). As it turns out I pulled the sr80s off the classads because I decided to keep them for the time being. I had no idea this person has such a history until Rameish's post though. mellow.gif

Edited by av98m

yeap had the same experience with him as well when i am selling my AKG 501. he offered a lowball price on it when i already stated the price. If its a minor discount, i wouldn't have mind and sell it to him.

btw har28, your excuse of being a 17 is not valid since i'm only a few years older than you and there are many many others who are the same age or younger like blues and lekguan. yet they do not behave the way as you do......

Unfortunatedly, I've had some other people irritate the heck out of me when trying to sell stuff on the classifieds. Similar to har28. One guy kept pming me about my airhead even after I stated explicitly I was not willing to go lower than my asking price. I'd reply, then he'll disappear for a week or so and then ask again, but never respond to my replies. A real pain, dealing with some of the characters here, I'm sorry to say. dry.gif

Please guys, learn to take no for an answer when bargaining.

Edited by av98m

I think it happens everywhere but i think the mentality in singapore is really bad in that if you cannot get that particular item, u go out of yer way to make sure others dont get it. Kinda sucky mentality aint it?

k I dun tink I should add some more oil to the flame... anyway I'm not the one sparking off the fire rolleyes.gif

in my opinion such things known as bargaining is a right from the buyer and the seller himself has the right to refuse selling at the bargained price so I do not see why my action of bargaining depite being too excessive is a fallacy no.gif and of coz through this forum's new odd policies such as no thread-crapping at the classifieds, a buyer should have a rite to post any price for his item( even if it's not reasonalble rite tongue.gif )

The things the you people accuse me are very insignificant. I didn't cheat you in anyway. I'm just bargaining and it seems that all of you have done the right thing refusing to sell things to me but I really think setting up a thread like this specifically to attack me is a no no... wacko.gif

fyi I'm not a Singaporean and even though I hv a long list of good Singaporean mates, ppl like Ramiesh are just one of those who hasn't make it to my list... and probably will never

yeah I may be poorer than you all especially Rameish... I'm still schooling anyway... though I bet my parents are still wealthier than u... o ya I'm not a foreign exchange student... my parents paid fully for my education... ( o ya just wondering why did u sell all ur equipment and stop becoming a dealer... financial prob? smoke.gif )

so I didn't wish this kind of thread to continue... I'm not insulting ur mod status but indeed you didn't deserve it Rameish... what a stupid and irresponsible mod are you to start this kind of thread? a mod supposedly tries to prevent such thread or flame from happening but contrary to this Rameish started it...

As i would have guessed this Mr Rameish gained a full support from the forumers... I noe the reason anyway... probably after this thread... that mighty Rameish will ban my ip or delete my id... innocent.gif

that will just prove how unjust he is anyway tongue.gif

Reading that post above reminds me of something someone once told me, that it is sometimes better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and confirm it beyond all doubt. I'll wait for Rameish to respond before I add my 2 cents.

Edited by av98m

Just to say something here, I didn't want to say this until you posted the reply as above. I am a student too. 16 soon, younger than you. No, I'm not a foreign student but tahts whay makes it worse. If I actually take a noticeable sum of money (like $20 at a go) from my "savings box" at home, my mother will actually question me. Did that make me bargain unreasonably with that as an excuse? Well, I easily can, but its a matter of your moral values.

Anyway, it is not negotiable when it is stated not. So its not the right of a buyer to negotiate the price of a non-negotiable item (or also price stated "firm"). Neither is it morally right to use underhand methods to scare off other potential buyers.

Many of us here have met Rameish before and he's not a bit like what you say about him. And he doesn't flaunt his wealth publicly.

Agreed with headphonecrazy. Har28 should be taken off the forum with immediate effect.