Sign in to follow this  
ablaze

DIYed my own Chris Vanheus silver interconnect

so far I've played with a few DIY cables, but this was by far the most tedious to build!

had to rope in my girlfriend and sis..took quite a few hours man. by the end of it, when I finally came down to soldering, I was so tired the soldering was pretty crappy. rolleyes.gif

anyway, this is supposedly one of the lowest-capacitance cables around. still burning in.

strangely I don't find it bright at all. slightly tighter bass, slightly more top-end, overall seems a lil better from my Belden 89207s..nothing night and day though. sadly, I think my ears are too insensitive to any changes from here up..sigh..

url for the silver i/c for those interested

btw, used 31ga 99.95% uncoated silver wire, 3/8" nylon rope coated with teflon plumbing tape, SLVR cardas rcas, and a generic gold-plated fat-bodied 1/8" stereo mini plug on the other end. the coiling was super tedious man.. biggrin.gif

Pure silver is never bright. If a system sounds bright with silver wiring its cos the components themselves are bright. Alot of budget SS cd players and amps are like that.

Where and how much did u pay for the silver wires? I checked out prices of 4N silver in Australia and its quite cheap... thinking of selling some back to Singapore for a slight margin to fund a stereo here... *thinks*

Cheap... essentially, a 1m pair of silver interconnects braided like Kimber KCAG with Copper Eichmann Plugs would cost like what.. $100 or so only!

Quit good for low impedance phones. I use those studio type of plugs. I can do for you, but it take time to buy parts and few hours to sold (still new, and the small resistor is quite hard to deal with wacko.gif ), so you have to wait when I'm free wink.gif