Northern Oak

my new source!

Would definitely need yor help with the plugs but I'm rather confirmed on the cones. I like that kind of focused imaging so I'm planning to go down this week to get it. The first 2 cones will go to my AKG for sure. As for the DT880, I will wait a while cause the Euros are rather high now.

Henry of Audio Industries sells the cones for $40 for a set of 3. If U are not keen on getting 2 sets, buy one set and use the extra cone (after fitting the other 2 on your cans) atop your cdp where the transformer lies. Locate it by the weight, heat source or look at the bottom and seek screws of bigger diameter.

As for DT880, I may be able to get a good discount be it an individual buy or better still, a group power buy. U may sort it out amongst yourself....... hint hint.......

Edited by Mackie

I'm gonna get 2 sets so CDP and AKG will stay happy. Went to new disc village and when Uncle Ernest saw my purchase, he told me to get it fix up and then get some isolation cones as well.

Got the hint but not too sure if others are interested as well. Guys, please reply if you are interested in the "you know what" ...

I'm gonna get 2 sets so CDP and AKG will stay happy. Went to new disc village and when Uncle Ernest saw my purchase, he told me to get it fix up and then get some isolation cones as well.

Got the hint but not too sure if others are interested as well. Guys, please reply if you are interested in the "you know what" ...

One thing about tweaks, improvement is usually subtle except for a few occasions and some may not be able to tell the difference. IMO, buy an Ikea chopping block for your cdp to rest on and it shall be lie in peace.....kekekek

For less than $20, it's another good isolation tweak as it gives certain warmth to the sound. If it doesn't work for U, be a good son or hubby and offer it to your mum or wifey.....touching isn't it? Btw N Oak, the A.I wooden cones can be used as isolation feet as well.....have time exploring with them over and under your new mistress. See which makes U tick......

Mackie: For isolation feet, it's 3 cones as well, right?

Guyferd: What about you? When are you going to get your CDP? Upgrade and feel the difference. party.gif

ugh.. I wish to.. so the cd6000ose is ard 400 rite?

ok.. coz I don't know.. I don't have many cds..

and to listen to my favourite artists like the corrs, savage garden, means I need to purchase all their albums again.. which will not come cheap.

Buying all my favourite albums which are available as my mp3s.. will easily cost 500 bucks or more..

So it's not cost effective... that's why I am still hesitating up to now.

Wehey... congratulations on the BIG upgrade! Bet you walk backwards as you leave the room!

N@Z: I was flipping like a seal out of the room, can't believe I spend this amount for a CDP, my frens think I'm crazy. Wait till they hear about other more expensive CDPs...

yeah.. noone can understand audio fanatics' point of view..

from a layman, they can live with 100 dollar sony cd player, or samsung home theater, ignorance. They don't know what good sound is.

But can't blame them though happy.gif

Mackie: For isolation feet, it's 3 cones as well, right?

Yes, 3 cones offer the best stability than 4. If your cd tray is not at the center, position 2 cones at the front and 1 on the back. Since it's for a cans system, make sure the tips are pointed down. Tips up are recommended on a speakers system.

Tips down: to transfer vibration from cdp to ground

Tips up: to pare mechanical feedback to cdp

and to listen to my favourite artists like the corrs, savage garden, means I need to purchase all their albums again.. which will not come cheap.

Buying all my favourite albums which are available as my mp3s.. will easily cost 500 bucks or more..

Guyferd: The idea of having a good sound system is to enjoy the music. The source must sound right or all else will falter along the chain. In your case, CDs are the source. Money has to be spent for this kinda enjoyment.....look at N. Oak......flippier than Flipper, the dolphin! biggrin.gif

Are U keen to buy a used 6000ose? Got one here. Might help U save a hundred bucks or so. call.gif

I'm with you here. us poor students don't have the dough to spend..its so much cheaper to download entire lossless CDs off edonkey or something.. happy.gif