Sign in to follow this  
augustineRS

2 source, 1 amp

I decided to keep my portable rig simple(no amps, just enjoy my music).

So I was thinking to getting a home based amp.

I couldn't get the X-Cans off ebay and wasn't ready to throw $$ on some exotic tube amps so i decided on Headsave MiniMe.

I emailed Norm and told him bout my problem.

I recently acquire a Tuner and I've a CDP.But i have no receiver so gotta figure out something.

Norm decided to build me a MiniMe with a built-in selector switch(of cos it wouldnt be a real MiniMe anymore), at a rather cool price.

Have any had any experience using such a device?As in, will i heard interference from the other source?

or am i betta of getting a ready made off the shelf and stick to the original MiniMe.

Thanks

If you already have a tuner then all you need is an amp and not a receiver. I belive from your rather vague description of you minime amp norm has added a selector switch for a dual input? That it it will come with 2 inputs and you can toggle between them.

if you have a tuner and cdp, you prob won't listen to them at the same time right? try configuring it by connecting both pairs of RCA input directly to the pcb instead of going through another switch. adding another component means another potential audio degradation.

i believe matbon's meta42 is configured this way. 2 inputs without a switch.

your rather vague description of you minime amp norm has added a selector switch for a dual input?

Yup, he will make one with a built-in seletor.

if you have a tuner and cdp, you prob won't listen to them at the same time right? try configuring it by connecting both pairs of RCA input directly to the pcb instead of going through another switch. adding another component means another potential audio degradation.

U mean that, if either on of the source is off, the amp will just amplify on the signal that is coming?

Er...in the event of me accidentally on both sources, will it damage the amp(ie, 2 signal going in)?

Edited by augustineRS

Problem of this two source into one is there's a chance that the source that is on is driving not just the headamp, but also the source that is off. This might put some strain on the source that is on.

i believe matbon's meta42 is configured this way. 2 inputs without a switch.

It only has one input. The power supply is dual i.e. internal 2x 9v battery & external wallwart DC input.