ablaze

Music: Chyi the complete collection

anybody got this? what're your thoughts?

I bought the 2-cd collection last week, after taking a brief listen at the shop. now I hate it man. every track sounds to me like its recorded in a cave (I think a CAVERN's more accurate actually) the music's ok, but its damn irritating to have every track have so much reverb. argh. anybody want it for $15? tongue.gif

LOL!!!

which band is that?

never heard before.. what genre?

I think its a Chinese singer, singing contemporary English songs, like "Vincent". sort of like Snow Rose. I could post a music sample if you'd like wink.gif

lol... skali I hear liao.. really like having 'cavern' eq on... no.gif

anyway, gd luck for the sale!

you know where to get alot of j pop/rock cds?

I went to music junction just now.. not many

The only one I can think of is HMV..

am looking for L'arc en ciel and X Japan's albums..hm

now that you've posted how much you hated it, i don't think anyone would dare to buy it off you. ohmy.gif

I'll always try to sample some tracks by downloading mp3s before buying cds. btw depeche mode sounds reverby to me too.

if my main intention was to sell it, I wouldn't have posted in the main forum what (must be fair right wink.gif)

anybody actually has this artiste, I have a feeling it probably sounds quite ok on speakers.

evil-zen: I love luna sea's lead singer, ryuichi kawamura!! he rocks

I have his album , shen ai-only one, thus my "nick" lol...

his voice is one kind.. very good and talented.. can play piano, guitar, and sings very well.

So where to find ah? jpop/rock cds? hmv?

ablaze, yeah. some songs are actually quite nice when they are played on speakers because the atmosphere isn't really revealed.. but with headphone, all the faults are revealed..

anybody got any nice music recommendations for "simple" mellow music, with vocals & maybe a guitar playing and nothing else? English please blush.gif

you mean cds or song titles?

hm.. what genre do you listen to?

I have in mind:

-richard marx - best of ballad

-john mayer's album.. forgot what it's called.. quite nice, he composed most of the songs himself and he plays guitar well.. esp the track ' no such thing' mellow, nice, accompanying my sweet night.

ablaze, you've got to try out nick drake. an folk oldie from the 60-70s with only 3 albums.

the first album five leaves left and third album pink moon has what you are looking for. vocals + guitars and nothing else. it breaks my heart to listen to him.

heart-breaking songs? now thats what I'm talking about! w00t.gif I'll try and check it out. thanks (you too guyferd)

here's a snippet of the Chyi album (incomplete of course, for copyright reasons wink.gif)