extremecans

Graham Slee Solo Mk III Head Amp

Hi, ppl.

Anybody has ever had a brief or extended audition with the aforementioned product? What's your impression of it, for those who have listened to it?

Apparently, it received quite an excellent review from TNT Audio and one of the Head-Fiers. Beside, Sennheiser UK has made this the head amp to showcase their flagship headphone HD650. Quite a feat, I must admit.

Any input?

Cheers!

tongue.gif

it's available for audition at Adelphi. at soundscape and audionote.

and actually the latest version is the 'solo' (no caps) i believe, after the mkiii.

it was tuned to the senn and grado line iirc.

Hi, ppl.

Anybody has ever had a brief or extended audition with the aforementioned product? What's your impression of it, for those who have listened to it?

Apparently, it received quite an excellent review from TNT Audio and one of the Head-Fiers. Beside, Sennheiser UK has made this the head amp to showcase their flagship headphone HD650. Quite a feat, I must admit.

Any input?

Cheers!

tongue.gif

New Head-fi flavour of the month???? yawn.gif

Edited by lengcm

I was seriously considering them when it was still MKII but the astranomical cost (which I thought at the time) put me off... I ended up getting the MG Head OTL.

OK just checked my email correspondences with Soundscape, they were asking for SG$1035 at the time. For that kind of money you might as well stretch for a Corda HA-2/PreHead.

I doubt that actually, since its a British made amp and would have to be exported. The resulting price due to the exchange rate would put it up there with some pretty big names, and not only that, but its been shown very little real interest over there to be honest.

I had my name down for one, but the delay for the new one was going to be too long. I bought a Perreaux instead.

Hi, ppl.

Any input?

Cheers!

tongue.gif

nah... current head-fi amp FOTM is the xp-7 or hr-2.

OK just checked my email correspondences with Soundscape, they were asking for SG$1035 at the time. For that kind of money you might as well stretch for a Corda HA-2/PreHead.

naz, iirc, they apparently are better with senns than the ha-2/prehead. it should be interesting to try out one of these. someday i guess when i get my 650s. happy.gif

guess the hr-2/perreaux/emp league has a new addition huh?

I haven't heard it so I couldn't agree nor disagree but at that price, being able to excell only with HD600/RS-1 limits it's flexibility & just doesn't justify the price tag IMO. That doesn't just apply to this particular amp alone. However if it is a tube amp like a Micro Zolt I would give it some serious thought, but I'm biased there! innocent.gif

It's amazing that the 2004 version of the Solo has acquired such a great reputation as there are only a handful in existence.

I haven't heard it so I couldn't agree nor disagree but at that price, being able to excell only with HD600/RS-1 limits it's flexibility & just doesn't justify the price tag IMO. That doesn't just apply to this particular amp alone. However if it is a tube amp like a Micro Zolt I would give it some serious thought, but I'm biased there! innocent.gif

i dont think it just does well with 2 headphones naz.. rolleyes.gif

and racey, got figures to back up your assertion?

Of course I'm only basing it on GSS Website

The Solo is optimised for headphone impedance's of 30 to 600 Ohms, and performs particularly well with headphones from the Grado and Sennheiser ranges.

like I said I have never heard it but if you've heard it with other headphones then ok. smoke.gif