Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

F1 fever - 2004 season

anyone thinks it could be a Renault year this year? cool.gif

i don't think it'll be Mclaren no.gif need both drivers to be at their very best to win championships...they seems to be runing hot & cold

i saw part of the race just now, BAR looks strong too

hav to admit i'm not a Ferrari fan sleep.gif never was, i hope the other teams can at least come close or make their life more difficult rolleyes.gif

Yeah, looks like a Cat Fish to me hehehe!

More like bull dog. lol.gif

Yeah, Bar has improved a lot, powered by Honda. I reckon they just need to have the car handle a bit better and they could pose a serious challenge to Williams and Renault.

OT,

any one follow WRC?

What you think of the Peugeot's 307 as compare to the sexy 206?

I'm rooting for the other Schumi!

Montoya's driving too agressive, sometime really over the edge.

I'd actually like to see Jordan, Toyota & Jaguar do well this year. As slim a chance as that may be.

WRC's coverage is not as good but I try to watch whenever I get a chance. Who's who at the moment? Now here's where I'll pick sides... Scooby!

The qualifying arrangement was bad enough last year, and this years change makes it just too god awful for words. Hopefully, Bernie Ecclestone means it when he says he wants it back to the 12 lap free-for-all that applied until a couple of years ago.

Ditto the single engine rule. I sympathise with the Minardis and Jordans of this world, but if the whole thing gets dragged down to their level, then I for one will not for much longer regard the Grand Prix as must-have viewing.

Let's get up a petition lads! (but ... well ... no ... , I don't think I'd like to organise it .......).

JohnT

the pitwork by the williams team really looked like they needed more pitwork on themselves in the race...quite slow compared to the other teams clocking sub 8 secs...

there has been some debate as to the new look for the 'snout'... there is a school of thought that it might be slowing the car down abit by reducing the aerodynamics and that might be the answer to the increased fuel usage..

Reports have noted that the slow pitwork was due to a jam wheel nut. But the commentators mentioned it as the high fuel comsumption of the engine that requires much more pit time.

Not too sure which is which, but they've a really good car just hope that Montoya's leaving and R. Schumi contract dispute will not spill into their performance.

The one engine rule will greatly benefit Ferras since they have a realiable engine, but to the lesser teams(no pun) it might be a problem.

We should watch more WRC! So much more exciting and cable is giving more coverage now.

The competition is more even out.

Rumor mill has it, Ralph is to move to Renault for next season so that should be interesting. He's going nowhere with Williams.

Looking forward to the first races in Bahrain & China.

WRC lacks that car to car 'dicing' element but if they put more effort into making better audio (better clarity to hear all the wonderful navigator commentary whooshes & engine/throttle noises) it would make all the 'in-car' action more interesting. I like the fact that in Rally they like to refer to their side windows as windscreens as well since their race cars are practically sideways most of the time! Cool!

If you're watching the Sepang race & online at the same time, go to: http://www.formula1.com/race/livetiming/715.html

click on "live timing" really cool. Info as you watch it on TV!

The Schu-minator wins again...

another disappointing race for kimi...2nd engine failure according to the commentator

Overall, it was more exciting than Melbourne. Nice to see BAR with a Podium finish. Rumor has it Ron Dennis is going to be kicked out of McLaren.

Overall, it was more exciting than Melbourne. Nice to see BAR with a Podium finish. Rumor has it Ron Dennis is going to be kicked out of McLaren.

Montoya drove well, but got stuck behind the back markers hammer.gif

Button is a dark horse, got lots of potential. Renault should have kept him. I think the interesting thing from this race is that the BAR car was able to keep up and even beat a Ferrari. Now that's something given the budget they're on. Watch out Mclaren and Williams fear.gif

BAR Honda was really fast on the straights.

Something that is distinctive of Honda's automotive engineering wink.gif

The last lap was really close between Button and Barrichello.

Great Bahrain race. So much going on on the field (except for the front of the grid of course!). Great in-car racing shots, I love the way you can see the engine revs in real time.

I think the race stewards should look into Ralph Sumacher's 'bumping car' incidents. Really impressed with BAR, who would've thought all they needed to do was bump Jensen Button to lead driver from Villenuve. Too bad about Takuma Sato, could have finished higher. Dissapointing performance from both McLaren & Williams. Flawless Ferrari again (minus the 1st corner front tyre lock from both ferraris & Barichiello's delayed pit-stop). Notice the 'fancy' waste paper basket trophy?

Noticed alot of closed headphones in the pit wall! If I'm not mistaken McLaren uses Kenwoods.

I hope Button keep his performance up. BAR is on the rise.

McLaren really need to look into their engine. Kimi retired from every race this season. sleep.gif

Next stop San Marino, Circuit Enzo e Dino Ferrari!