Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

F1 fever - 2004 season

Catalunya Live! Place your bets!

So did anyone see the Monaco Grand Prix last night? M.Schumacher finally didn't score, infact didn't even finish after crashing into the barriers while behind the Safety Car. Still, a fantastic race won by Renault (Trully), a very impressive 2nd by BAR (Button) & a distant 3rd by Ferrari (Barichiello).

Yeah excellent race!!! Only half the field finished, I just feel sorry for Sato, he's got good pace, but has had a couple DNF this season due to mechanical failure.

Cheers,

Mike

Ferrari 1, 2 (you can guess who filled the positions as usual) with Button (BAR) a very strong 3rd. Another interesting eventful race at Nurburgring. Sato seems to have inherited Barichiello's Jinx. William's still falling off each other & McLaren is pretty much a joke at the moment.

Next 2 races in the US I might skip, I don't think I can stay up so late anymore to see it live!

Sato could have been on course to a third placing and stand on the winners' podium; the first time for a Japanese driver to do so in 14 years. He blew if for his aggressive move against Barrichello which back fired. What a waste.

Edited by Mackie

Never figured you to be a F1 fan Mackie thumbup1.gif

Think it's gonna be another Ferrari walkover again this year and the rest of the field playing catch up?

I was brought into the world of Grand Prix via computer games..........who can forget Electronic Arts release of Formula One Grand Prix. I remembered I always had a hard time in the tunnel of Monaco track.

Ferrari has wrapped up their Constructor's champonship in SPA Hungary not so long ago with a strong 1, 2 finish from the usual suspects. Presently with 202 points the nearest 2nd constructor Renault has am mere 91. That's 101 points difference!

Suchumacher's closest rival & potentially (with the remaining races/ponts) that can spoil his Driver's championship drive is #2 Ferrari driver Rubens Barichiello. Talk about dominant or what? Presently, he has only missed to finish a race once in the 13 races that has elapsed & of the other 12 he won all of them! Amazing!

Despite setting new records and all for Schumacher and Ferrari in SPA Hungary, the race was kinda boring with no change in the first 5 positions from start to end. However the move by Alfonso over Sato (3rd on the starting grid) was simply outstanding.