Sign in to follow this  
tropicalrips

634 buffered Cmoy

it was raining the whole day today mellow.gif couldn't do anything so i built myself another Cmoy wacko.gifbiggrin.gif

i had the buf634 for sometime now, didn't get round to using them cause i thought their pin orientation was difficult to work with smile.gif then i got the single channel op-amps opa228pa & opa227p, their pin configuration was the same as the buf634. that made it easier to built.

user posted image

at first i had the op-amps mounted the same way as my other amps using dual op-amps. that cause a lot of problem with the orientation of the other components, they were all over the place, so i turn the op-amp smile.gif

user posted image

now everthing is much neater smile.gif the 634 buffers sound really good with SR-80, should be due to its high current output, i think it sounds better then my cmoy with El2001 buffers, has a lot of impact with sr-80.

user posted image

i won't be mounting this amp in a case wink.gif i wanted a "skeleton" look, so i'll be leaving the whole thing expose, plan to mount it on a wooden chopping block, raise up with metal post, the volume pot and input/output will be under the amp itself crazylaugh.gif should be an interesting looking amp when i'm done lol.gif

Edited by tropicalrips

why don't you mount the pot on PCB board, make it looks neater. i did it for my amp, look cool.

rainy days are lots of fun especially when u have a soldering iron around.

a couple of my creations were based on such rainy days can`t go out feelings.

why don't you mount the pot on PCB board, make it looks neater. i did it for my amp, look cool.

i want to use the 100k Alps blue laugh.gif its too big to be mounted on the board smile.gif

got my chopping board today, now to make the amp fit on it hammer.giflol.gif

update :

made some changes to this amp laugh.gif

first, changed the power caps to 2200uF Nichicons

user posted image

replaced the signal coupling caps to 30mfd Alcaps w00t.gif

user posted image

added diodes and Tantalum caps on the power section

user posted image

still haven't figure out how to mount this amp on the wooden chopping board lol.gif

since you are into caps... try those cheaper WIMA MKP caps.... its cheap and does the job well cool.gif

w00t.gif i like to see big caps on my amps, they look better with giant caps. i'm saving some 4700uF & 6800uF Rubycons for other projects rolleyes.gif

i'll try those Wima for my next amp laugh.gif

but are they really cheaper?

update:

i hav swap in a pair of OPA627 op-amps on this amp and they sound really good smile.gif

i think the 627 is only made in single channel form smile.gif

update:

gav up on the idea of a "skeleton" amp lol.gif

found a nice cute little case in SLT, so decided to mount the amp in there

user posted image

it has just enough space for the board i'm i'm using, the whole case is able the size of a PCDP

user posted image

the tiny switch is from SLS smile.gif i left out the LED cause i want to use those ultra bright ones and mount them under the case smile.gif for the "ah beng" look lol.gif

user posted image

i run out of space for the full size Alps, so had to use the mini Alps instead grado.gif

user posted image

i hav finished my transplant of this amp smile.gif took almost 4 hrs to prepare the casing w00t.gif

user posted image

i mounted the Neutrik jack by cutting the case with a 22mm holesaw, just need to file a little for the jack to go in

user posted image

the blue led is connected to the amp circuit, the greens leds are connected to the power supply circuit

user posted image

this is probably the most difficult part of the transplant, i had to file most of the material on the case inorder to fit the AC jack, my jig saw's metal blade was too big to cut closer to where i wanted

user posted image

the case is from SLS, there's 1 more thats longer, full 19" rack mount

user posted image

next upgrade should be the power supply smile.gif but this $5 transformer seems to work fine tongue.gif

Edited by tropicalrips