Sign in to follow this  
tropicalrips

634 buffered Cmoy

tropicalrips, very nice, well done. 3 leds, you got the ah beng look down pat. biggrin.gif I was thinking of putting one of those colour switching ones on mine for the same type of look but wonder if it will be noisy.

For a moment there I thought I was looking at a copies of firefox's big ben rev3 and premium ra-1 clone.

Edited by av98m

biggrin.gif BB clone lol.gif i think we are using the same case

now i need a CDP to go with it smile.gif any recomendations? i was looking at the NAD C451

i'm getting the HD595 soon.

I got a question, well two in fact... out of curiosity.

1. Why a CMOY in the huge enclosure?

2. What is the finction of the 3 LED lights?

I got a question, well two in fact... out of curiosity.

1. Why a CMOY in the huge enclosure?

2. What is the finction of the 3 LED lights?

actually its not a Cmoy anymore tongue.gif its a variant, i followed something i saw in Headwise...a Cmoy Slayer laugh.gif it has a buffer stage before output to headphones.

i needed the big case cause its AC powered, has its own transformer + dual regulated power supply module, can't fit all these into a small case, it used to be a 2 piece amp...also the big case looks cool tongue.gif

the 2 green leds are connected at the regulated power supply side, it lets me know that both regulators are working properly.

the blue led is connected to the amp board itself, this lets me know that the amp is working properly headphone.gif

What can I say..., Well done Tropical! party.gif

Did you put the BUF634 in the loop? So it is something like Pimeta/PPA circuit without the class A biasing?

What can I say..., Well done Tropical! party.gif

Did you put the BUF634 in the loop? So it is something like Pimeta/PPA circuit without the class A biasing?

From what I can see in the picture. The BUF634 is outside of the feedback loop.

the BUF634 is outside of the feedback loop.

the original design was from headwise's Apheared's buffered Cmoy, he used the EL2001 as buffers paired with AD823.

i hav tried this design also, its in my mini-me cased amp, then decided to try the same thing using the BUF634, at the same time i got samples of the 627 & 228 op-amps, so decided to try it using single channel op-amps

To TROPICALRIPS - Nice design and lay-out, but I can't figure out how the boards are wired. Could you post a schematic? even hand drawn. thks

i don't hav aschematic of the amp...its all in my head smile.gif

basically its the same as a Cmoy, the gain is set at the AD627 op-amp side before the buffers.

there is only 2 resistors connected to the buffer, 1 to set the speed of the buffer the other is the output from the main amp into the buffer, i remember this load resistor is R47

update :

user posted image

upgraded the transformer + changed the caps on the amp board to Panasonic