Blues

Yay!! I've joined the 'dark side'

I've left mp3 listening..

now I've joined you all as newbie headphile..keke...

the difference is day and night.. mp3 sounds like trash to me now.. even at 192 kbps lame encoded. The detail and ambience is still not on par with cd player.

Right now rocking with the marantz cd6000ose !! thanks mackie!! holiday.gif

Now.. listening to boyzone - by request..

wow now I wonder where I should put them.. I have no more space.. hm

now oak and I are converted liao..

when is your turn ablaze?

come come join us ekekee.. can u resist the temptation!! lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Way to go Guyferd!!!

Know you like vocals so here's some recommendations:

1. Best Audiophile Vocals - Premium Records/Recordings

2. Huang Hong Ying - First Taste of Loneliness (All oldies) XRCD2 recordings - HUGO

3. Norah Jones - (get the US press, heard its better)

guy: I'm staying put. I don't listen to mp3s either. but lossless-ly ripped cds on my comp. so i'm halfway there. but i won't ever migrate to a dedicated CDP, at least not for a long while smoke.gif

Guest antitrust

lol. i can't hear the difference between a CD and an Mp3. tongue.gif

guy: I'm staying put. I don't listen to mp3s either. but lossless-ly ripped cds on my comp. so i'm halfway there. but i won't ever migrate to a dedicated CDP, at least not for a long while  smoke.gif

ablaze: If U'd watched the James Bond movie "Never Say Never Again" which starred Roger Moore as the reknowned agent, the last scene had Sean Connery "cameo appearance" (who declared he would never appear in any James Bond movies after passing the role to Roger) being mocked by Roger saying, "Never say never again".......in a good humoured way of course.

My point is, listen to a properly and balanced setup with cdp and one is hard not to be converted. IMHO, ripping a cd with the least or no compression still pales in comparison to a good cdp. The first link starts at the transports and they contribute to the resultant sound and make a difference. I reckon transports on a cdp is structually stronger then a cd-rom drive/harddisk.

Aiyah...U don't have to make a leap like Oak and a budget of $500 will give U lots of choices.....starting with the Marantz CD4000 (just below $200). I await your conversion naturally...hahahaha..........we can have a gathering with Oak over at my place if U wish. beer.gif

Edited by Mackie

Right now rocking with the marantz cd6000ose !! thanks mackie!!  holiday.gif

Now.. listening to boyzone - by request..

wow now I wonder where I should put them.. I have no more space.. hm

Guyferd:

Glad U like it and it satisfies me to see a jolly flipper leaving my home knowing that one part of my anatomy will be in good hands. wub.gif

Why don't U get a shelve from Ikea and drill it to the wall? Some are long enough to accomodate your cdp and headamp. U can also get some ideas to hoard your cds over there.

Wall shelve

http://www.ikea.com.sg/pages/prod_asp/3_pr...h&prc=ss&pc=mms

CD storage

http://www.ikea.com.sg/pages/prod_asp/3_pr...d&prc=lr&pc=mds

Edited by Mackie

hey, thanks for the suggestion mackie!!

I am gonna try them out and buy them real soon happy.gif

btw, what's flipper? lol.giflol.gif

yeah.. don't worry I will take good care of it keke.. smile.gif

Oak: will try the norah jones cd. I really like some of her songs.. in fact almost all lol...

Probably some time later we can have gathering. At mackie's place? lol.. let us flip around in mackie's listening room!! lOl.. it rocks wub.gif

Try Diana Krall as well, her voice has a lovely warm sound. She also sings alot of old Jazz standards which is quite good.

will check them out, thx naz happy.gif

rameish!!!

I tested the sr-325 and rs-1 briefly at music by design( I was at adelphi today).

It totally blows me away!!!

esp the rs-1.. the sound is so seductive.. and sweet.. I am lost...It seems to separate the instruments very well.. certainly a class in its own.

The sr-325 is a good rock phone. The pace, and the energy is very good. I bet alot of what I am hearing is contributed by the cd player and their amps as well...

19k cd player.. burmester.. darn.... lol w00t.gif

Edited by Guyferd

Guyferd: What time were you there? I was at Adelphi today from 1pm to 7pm. Henry of Audio Industries was demonstrating to me all the tricks up his sleeve. Wow... eye opener!!!

Yeah yeah, perhaps we should find a time again to visit Mackie. Anyway, it's very convenient for me cause it's just 2 stops away.

I was at adelphi yesterday looking for this nice looking source by Henry Kloss :

http://www.tivoliaudio.com/pic.pl?i=pM1GRN...pg&b=pm1grn.htm

Has anyone tried it ? unsure.gifblink.gif

Need some opinions : Will an audiophile migrate to the darker side of high compression MP3 music listening ? sport.gif

wink.gif