Blues

Yay!! I've joined the 'dark side'

This vinyl talk is getting me crazed, I really wished to listen to it, then again, I'm just beginning to get deep into CDs and now with vinyl, my love is torn apart. I guess I have to learn to live with my wife and 2 mistresses then, i.e. my wife at home, my cd and in future, the vinyl. *Sigh*

Smelling barbecued wallet ... yucky.gif

Edited by Northern Oak

Oak, take it easy and be contented for now. Your current setup should last U for a long while. kicking.gif

It's a long adventure wreaked with pitfalls when one goes into speakers setup...doubly so for vinyl as it's not a plug-n-play equipment. A lot of time, effort and knowledge has to be put into the process of setting up/tuning/tweaking/maintenance of LPs and turntable. If one does not have an old collection to play with, more time and money is expected to be spent in the search of used/new LPs.

I find it fun... looking for the stuff! You know the feeling when you make a great find? The fever never stops, it may lay dormant for a while but when you least expect it it comes back & POW!

Yeah, right Mackie. I'm not ready to embark on vinyl until I'm done with CDs but right now, I'm more into collecting CDs, esp. good ones. I've just bought the Tacet Records No. 74 - Tube which sounded great!!!

Does anyone have any symphonies to recommend, I do like their explosiveness ... oh .. and Chinese vocals similar to Huang Hong Ying (except Cai Qin)?

Edited by Northern Oak

Yes, please try Mahler Symphony No.1 in D (called Titan).

For more melodic tunes, go for the very popular pieces like Chopin's Piano Concerto No.1 in E minor or Peter Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No. 1 in B-flat minor, where interesting dialogues between the orchestra and piano are being articulated throughout the passages with good display of pianist's skillful techniques and passions kissing.gif

I have no particular soloists to recommend at this moment wink.gif

Yeah, right Mackie. I'm not ready to embark on vinyl until I'm done with CDs but right now, I'm more into collecting CDs, esp. good ones. I've just bought the Tacet Records No. 74 - Tube which sounded great!!!

Does anyone have any symphonies to recommend, I do like their explosiveness ... oh .. and Chinese vocals similar to Huang Hong Ying (except Cai Qin)?

Explosive? Listen to the last track on your XLO burn-in disc. kekeke.....

On a serious note, try "The Planets" composed by Gustav Holst. I have the Karajan piece on DG label. The playing on "Mars-Bringer of War" will keep U at the edge of your seat.

Edited by Mackie

I've left mp3 listening..

now I've joined you all as newbie headphile..keke...

the difference is day and night.. mp3 sounds like trash to me now.. even at 192 kbps lame encoded. The detail and ambience is still not on par with cd player.

Right now rocking with the marantz cd6000ose !! thanks mackie!! holiday.gif

Now.. listening to boyzone - by request..

wow now I wonder where I should put them.. I have no more space.. hm

welcome Guyferd, i would say it's the 'bright side', next step maybe HDCD, XRCD, DVDA or SACD or even LP. Enjoy! beer.gif

yeap.. now I am pretty contented with it. Need to get a new headphone.

Mackie and tee : thanks for the recommendations. BTW, I have tried and liked the last piece on the XLO burn-in and test cd, it's really explosive on the last bits. Funny, the bass on the DT880 gave me a feeling under my feet that it's rumbling... anyone has similar experience?

Hi Guyferd, looks like you have fallen into a deep black with no return rolleyes.gif .You reminded me when at my school going age, I got suck into hi-fi with my first purchase of NAD CD Player, the rest is history.Somehow I feel you're very young,exactly how i felt then.I agree with mackie,for ablaze,never say never again.Till you hear the best sound you ever heard, not neccessary the most expensive, you will be duly rewarded.Its a matter of opening your heart to receive more new things.Thanks to this forum I "accidently" tread upon,i bought my first pair of headphone!Used to be a non believer,always think speakers are the one and only way,fellow forerunners "convinced" me and now I own a pair of mid-priced Beyer DT990Pro,I am enjoying every moment, from my CD phone out or even late night E-Premier matches from TV output.ENJOY while you can.

Yes, please try Mahler Symphony No.1 in D (called Titan).

For more melodic tunes, go for the very popular pieces like Chopin's Piano Concerto No.1 in E minor or Peter Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No. 1 in B-flat minor, where interesting dialogues between the orchestra and piano are being articulated throughout the passages with good display of pianist's skillful techniques and passions kissing.gif

I have no particular soloists to recommend at this moment wink.gif

For the recommended pieces, would you have any labels in mind that stirred your soul?

lol.. elmo.. yeah.. you can say I am pretty much too young for hi-fis..

but it's better early than late right lol.gif

anyway, I will just be contented with my setup right now, probably not until I work in the future. Probably I will still concentrate more on headphone setup rather than speaker setup. It doesn't really cost a bomb(Compared to speaker), and I don't have to crack my head setting up my speaker.

You should look at hacknet of echoloft, he's only 15 and yet so into hifi that made me wonder if he's really 15

After reading his postings, I dun think he's 15 ...

Edited by Northern Oak

lol.. and how crazy is he over hi fis?(what eqps etc?)

probably he's also very rich la.. if your parents are very very rich, then you can afford. but poor student like me.. haiz.. must do it step by step.Even at this rate, I am forking out a lot of money already(for my age that is).

laugh.gif

Edited by Guyferd