Blues

Yay!! I've joined the 'dark side'

Oak: Hacknet might turned out to be 51! hahahaha.......

Regarding the rumbling..........that's the deep deep organ roll U're experiencing. My pal did a measurement and it chalks up a reading of about 10-20 Hz.....beyond human aural sense. If U can feel this thru your cans, who do U thank? CD17MKIII!!!!

Edited by Mackie

If I'm not wrong, he's dad a hi-fi craze too! Probably that's why... will impart such skills to both my son and daughter. (Any audiophile with my daughter would get a WAF=1) how nice!!!

lol.. mackie long time no see... the marantz rocks man!! kicking.gif

Let me know when you are ordering some j and k pop.hhohoh happy.gif

oak: yeah. I think so man.. if his father is hi fi nuts.. naturally his sons will also follow his footpath.But it's quite weird.. I mean.. his father will have his own system in the living room and his master bedroom, and his sons will each have their system in their own room.. lol

Can start hi fi shop liao.. practically each room has hi fi system. except perhaps toilet.. unless they are really that 'hardcore' party.gif

haha, the truth is out, hacknet is too knowledgeable to be just 15, but he sure retains that humour in him.

BTW, nice seeing you. Seldom see you at night. I must say that the CD17MkIII has really served me well but I must not forget the well-endowed DT880 as well. I can feel the bass but not the feet tingling with the K501. That rumbling on the DT880 gives the chill down my spine.

Wait till U hear the emotions in vocals.....U'll get chills up your spine.....no kidding. Have U ever cried while listening to music? Good experience U know but don't let the wifey see it or she'll think U're going bonkers.

lol.. mackie long time no see... the marantz rocks man!! kicking.gif

Let me know when you are ordering some j and k pop.hhohoh happy.gif

No worries Guy...will keep U posted. How are the cds U got from me? Like them?

LOL!! lol.giflol.gif feet tingling.. yeah gotta agree with that.. k501 isn't known to produce slamming bass mah. laugh.gif

Beyer dt880 is nice.. very neutral and flat sounding. My impression is that they are accurate and doesn't have much colouration(if any).Once I switched back to dt770, I find that the highs are accentuated and abit too much on my beyer.

But I still find grados very very amazing... I was blown away by them.. probably because they are quite coloured and upfront. Lol.. l'arc~en~ciel's song blurry eyes and dive to blue sound just like I am watching their live concert, in the front row.. darn nice. No wonder I keep hear people saying sr-325 is the best rock phone..lol. Have you heard the grados mackie w00t.gif

haha.. oak, I also guess so.. he can't be 15 .. it's almost impossible. to date, I have never seen teenagers, esp that age, who are interested in hi fi eqpmts.(unless I count myself blink.gif )

hhehe.. yeap. Nice..

I got too much cds to listen to now man.. lol..

total I think I have about 30-40 now. Need space to put them. Just listened to power station and liu de hua's live 99 concert.

darn nice... I need to rearrange my whole bedroom soon. Right now, I just put the cd player on the floor.. not a good idea.

Guyferd, did you manage to make a comparison between the SR-325 and SR-225. Personally, I would go for the SR-225 as it's less bright and the sound is more soothing.

oak: I have not. But I am going down to rameish's house this weekend, most probably. I will let you know my impression of them(will bring a notebook to write down too.. just incase I forgot w00t.gif)

Hm.. I don't think the sr-325 is that bright.. it is abit towards the bright side, but I think your marantz's warm nature should be able to take them out.But I forgot that your amp is x-can.. lol.. bright amp. I don't think it will match well.. unsure.gif

Anyway, what kind of music do you listen to oak?

I listen to mainly pop, ballad, and some rock.

Recently, I've picked up classical, chinese vocals (some oldies included), used to do new age, rock (used to love Bon Jovi plus Guns n' Roses) and pop too but I guess I'm fading out now.

oh..

I see.. what are your fav songs from bon jovi?

mine are(all time bes/fav) : Bed of roses, Always, say it isn't so, lie to me , midnight in chelsea, someday I'll be saturday night

fav album is crossroads.. has a lot of very nice jovi's songs.. I don't really find his 'bounce' appealing,hm..

do you listen to wang jie? oldies rite w00t.gif

I love his songs!!

What about chinese pop? no? hmm. ic

BED OF ROSES BED OF ROSES BED OF ROSES BED OF ROSES BED OF ROSES BED OF ROSES BED OF ROSES BED OF ROSES BED OF ROSES BED OF ROSES BED OF ROSES BED OF ROSES BED OF ROSES BED OF ROSES BED OF ROSES BED OF ROSES BED OF ROSES BED OF ROSES BED OF ROSES BED OF ROSES BED OF ROSES wub.gif

Crossroads is my fav too but the disc is getting old and dusty now. Speaking of rock, I liked Beyond a lot as well.

haha.. I think bed of roses is his best song!! It's a tie between it and always.. though I like bed of always abit more.

I want to lay you on a bed of roses ...

For tonite I sleep on a bed on nails ..

I want to be just as close as the Holy Ghost is ...

And lay you down on bed of roses .