cmk

Nice classical pieces

IPB Image

This years vienna philharmonic new year concert. The first ever conducted by a French conductor.

IPB Image

This years vienna philharmonic new year concert. The first ever conducted by a French conductor.

any interesting and nice song by them? care to say abt it? lol

Li Yundi exclusively records Chopin and Liszt. His :Liszt album have a variety of the more popular works "La Campanella" and "Liebestraum No. 3".

And of course anything played by Martha Argerich is good :thumbup:

I have not heard Li Yundi's recordings of Chopin and Liszt yet. Recently, I heard this young and charismatic Chinese pianist's recordings of Prokofiev Piano Concerto #2 and Ravel Piano Concerto in G major, on DG label, with the Berliner Philharmoniker, under Seiji Ozawa. Technically very accomplished (as most of the younger generation painists are), he played Prokofiev's with panache. Refreshing! As for Li's Ravel, I compared it with that by Benedetti Michelangeli with the Philharmonia Orchestra, under Ettore Gracis (EMI- Angel). Li's rendition is very accomplished. However, I find Michelangeli has more finese and nuances in the interpretation. In the lanquid second movement especially, Michelangeli's playing is so expressive. Maybe it takes time to be a great master pianist.

any interesting and nice song by them? care to say abt it? lol

erm wat can i say... every year the Radetzky March will be conducted with the conductor facing the audience and the audience will clap to the beat. interesting finale to the concert.

this year new year concert is conducted by quite a controversial figure, Daniel Barenboim. just coincidentally over the period of the Israel–Gaza conflict.

Agnus Dei (arr. from 2nd mvt. of String Quartet), for chorus & organ/piano, Op. 11

The fourth track from the album below was performed by the Trinity College Choir, Cambridge

IPB Image

This piece has been used in quite a few movies...most effectively used in "Platoon".

Those who are into the piano, you must listen to Schubert's Impromptu, Op. 90-2. I've recently dug out my old piano scores, and spotted this gem. Time to give those rusty fingers a workout.

For recordings you can try Ewa Poblocka on the piano. I love her presentation of this impromptu.

Lang Lang is also nice. his performance on Rachmaninov piano concertos

Rachmaninov piano concertos? This is nice.

[attachmentid=4079]

post-4714-1234277629.jpg

Edited by peanutbutterjam

I got a few of his albums...

IPB Image

IPB Image

and his chinese works, the famous Yellow River Song...

IPB Image

Edited by audison

Diabolus in Musica: Accardo interoreta Paganini

Well performed and definitely audiophile quality!

post-442-1237473120.jpg

I got a few of his albums...

IPB Image

IPB Image

and his chinese works, the famous Yellow River Song...

IPB Image

Very nice and humble guy. Did a photo shoot of him for a magazine so time back.