Sipher

portable headphone amps

Tee,

LOL. Yeah I'm the Ad Man. Or at least I used to be before 9/11. It's a real tough business right now as even big companies are cutting back.

Headphone Symposium or Beer Symposium? LOL I do enjoy my beer but prefer whiskey - Old Par.

Oh yet I did serve you Orangina didn't I. Ablaze likes the Lemonade but lately I'm have trouble getting supplies.

But seriously I really would like to compare the RS-2 with the RS-1 on a Corda HA-2 or I. That is a combo I never tried. When I listened to the RS-2 at Music By Design some 1 1/2 years back or so I think it was through a CEC CDP and Grado RA-1 amp. Good combo in my opnion.

Oh the Beyer DT-880 has finally run in and it's much nicer than the Senn HD-600 period. No contest. In comparing with the SR-225 or 325 it's more of a different sound rather than on being outright better than the other. I do like my Grados and the Beyers as you can tell.

Just want to let you all know that I had won the PC (generation one) kit form the Head-fi's ebay item and this is my second PC. w00t.gif

Congras Barradio ! kicking.gif

i treat the Grado RS-2 with tender care, so slow dosage of running in each day, no hurry, good warming up takes time, expecting to complete it by end next week....same for HA-1.

However, i am going to ramp up the use of Grado RA-1 as this seasoned headamp will shoulder heavy works on DT880 and HD560 day to day. However, once all cans have been properly run-in, i will swap and settle for these permanent set-ups :

RA-1 with RS-2 for perfect 32 ohms impedance matching,

HA-1 with DT880 (250 ohms) and HD560 (300 ohms).

Now the next question is the matching of sources to the two systems...more tests will be needed.

Maybe i could call it Cans Symposium, with participation of beers, whisky and wines all round.

For Korsun U5, please see attached URL :

Korsun

Headamp is model U5 , the one on extreme right second row wink.gif

Korsun website : please click the upper second box on "Products" before you could see the pictures of all the wonderful amps that ML has been ordering as ODM/OEM to his Red Rose Music products in the US. wink.gif

headphone.gif

onli PCII is available locally??

no other brands of headphone amp?

headphone.gif

Sipher,

If your question is only PCII is available locally for portable amps then the answer is yes to the best of my knowledge. The other battery powered amp available is the Grado RS-1. It's the size of a a CD jewel case and is about 4 cases thick. Good amp IMO.

Sipher,

If your question is only PCII is available locally for portable amps then the answer is yes to the best of my knowledge. The other battery powered amp available is the Grado RS-1. It's the size of a a CD jewel case and is about 4 cases thick. Good amp IMO.

that means if i wan to buy PCII, i will have to get it from u? wink.gif

Sipher,

I am the Corda rep for Singapore so yes. You could also look for a used one on head-fi.

Since the brand is new to Singapore - I only been the rep since Jan 12 - I don't think there are too many on the 2nd-hand market as yet. Maybe if you waited a few months.

Have fun, enjoy the music.

Correction:

Grado RA-1 headphone amp (RS-1, typo)

When you lay your hand on a RA-1, it is very sticky.....just can't let go. cool.gif

And i have just gotten a nice wooden box (by Goldlion from Robinson, check it out!) to house it when not in use. A perfect fit and has room for spare batteries too. wink.gif

Stand corrected - Grado RA-1.

Yeah the Grado RA-1 is very musical esp with Grado cans. N@Z's friend has one and seems to like it.

He certainly does. I keep teasing him that it's a glorified CMOY! Just some brotherly fun. lol.gif

I agree with you N@Z, I know the RA-1 looks and sounds GOOD but the fact that it's a glorified Chu Moy Amp that pisses me off.

Why can't Grado just make it slightly more complicated, at least it will justify the cause and cost of buying it!

Edited by Northern Oak

Has anyone heard a C-moy next to a Grado RA-1 and compared the 2. I ask for a very simple reason. If anyone has and they do sound similar/same. I might get a c-moy built and sold for guys who can't afford either the Grado or a Porta Corda II.

With the high Euro the Porta Corda is getting expensive. Most people in this forum don't know enough abt electronics to build an amp.

Are there any Poly triple E students here who wish to embark on the endevour with me?