Sipher

portable headphone amps

The red CMOY looks sweet (pun intended!) It's very rare to see the red penguin tin although I do have all the penguin min tins!

The red one looks gorgeous, it only costs US$40. I am going to sell my RA-1 in exchange for 3 new C-Moys and save the balance for a used HP-890 and a seasoned Audioquest Emerald Interconnect wink.gif

tee, care to bring in 1 for me too? smile.gif

yes, waiting for the builder to come back on weekend and talk to him. Got to check the local price also. Or better still if there are some used ones available.

Sipher, do you mind secondhand playmate ? wink.gif

no i dun mind

as long as it can makes my headphones sound nicer i'm satisfied. smile.gif

oh that's great Sipher.....i'll check with her if she has actually left her ex-..... wink.gif

her??

who do u mean??

the person who is selling c-moy in the thread i posted??

btw keep me informed of the price smile.gif

Hi Sipher,

i always treat all my playmates as ladies that need tender care....just like your girlfriend. Let see if we could get full details on them.....their specs and prices before making acquisition or asset swap. wink.gif

tee's talking in riddles! I think I know what you meant!! blink.gif

Who's your favourite girlfriend/playmate?

Do you really know, Sipher ? If life is so simple........then hi-end wouldn't be no end......i just hope to have a single best set of system in the world....once and for all.....like having only one faithful wife to walk thru' the journey of musicality. N@Z, do you agree ? wink.gif

lol.. how do you define the end?

it's very hard to define.

I think just have to be contented with your system is good enuff already w00t.gif

no matter how "-end" it is.. if you enjoy it.. you shouldn't be spending $$ to upgrade them.. unless something is seriously lacking. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.. u don't know there's a thing like stax and so on... so your journey will stop prematurely. I think it's kinda good.

"Looks behind to see if the wife is there"...

Frankly speaking I tend to agree, in part, with both Guy & Tee. "Ignorance is bliss". If you never heard that Stax system or any other expensive equipment which sounds better than your current system then you'd be none the wiser. We tend to choose something within our means something we can be happy with for a long time. Whereas the rest is something we can aspire to.

This is however a generalization & need not apply to eveyone. For some the never ending journey IS part of the appeal. Wanting to try & experience everything. Well, all I can say is if you have the means & propensity to do so, go ahead. That's your freedom as an individual to make the choice.

Absolutely ! N@Z and Guyferd, you have hit the right note and ring the bell lol.gif Of course, we spent a little more (but within our means) just to get a taste of what is behind the mountains ?

Hmm.....Guy, you really sound much older than your age ......or are you a student of oxbridge class on humanities? Do you agree... Rameish ? wink.gif

Not quite sure if I wish to get involved in this conversation. I'm having too much fun listening to you guys LOL. Yup, Guy is a sharp cookie. Don't know abt Oxbridge though.

We'd love to hear you comments for sure! But lately I do tend to get too involved with OT matters.