VanquishShadow

Recommend CD Player

The poor old thing giving way liao, buttosn need to press repeatedly, tray eject action stutterish as well...

So my dad asked me to help him find some suitable replacements, budget around $500-600, need to be black colour of course.

The setup is Klipsch Heresy II with Allegro 300D tube amp, and my dad was saying that he is more or less fixed on these three brands: Marantz / Rotel / Denon.

Grateful for any recommendations that you all may have...read here about the CD6000 from Marantz but I think it's not suitable for my dad's setup cos of its harshness?

Thanks

Once again, I don't think Marantz CD6000 and its variations are deemed harsh. I would say the treble errs towards the sharp end of tonality. Since the amp in question is a tube amp, cdps of this trait will be to your benefit for what's considered "harsh" in a solid state setup will be lively in a tube system.

Please note the fourth paragraph under "Conclusion" for some reassurance.

http://www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/marantzose00_e.html

Edited by Mackie

Hm, but my dad is looking out for something that may be able to bring out the bass better, because his current setup is rather lacking in bass.

Thanks for the recommendation, my dad went to KEC to audition a couple of players but he wasn't pleased with their design. Don't think he tried the 6000 though.

Alternatively, keep an eye on classifieds and U might find a used cdp of higher breed that may fit your budget. Caveat emptor though.

There is a consonance floating around in the classifieds if i recall correctly....definite bargain if yer lookin for one...and its black too! happy.gif