Sign in to follow this  
yongchris

A Star is born

So anyway,

I was watching that American Idol interview show at 8.30, when adverts came in. I usually channel surf at this time, but a trailer for a new TV show came on.

The trailer for "The OC". Anyway, the music struck a familar chord. That haunting voice, that melancholic guitar. I know that song...I know those words....I know that artist...but what was her name.... I frantically skimmed through my CD collection, thank god I sort them alphabetically according to artist name, and I found Her.

I found the CD.

The song was "Into Dust" by Mazzy Star. from the album "So Tonight that I might see".

user posted image

I immediately put in the CD, cued up the track and "WOAH!" I forgot how good this CD sounds. I spent the night listening to all 3 of her albums.

"She hangs brightly"

"Among my swan" and the above mentioned.

Junkie fans will definitely like her sound. dark, haunting and melancholic. usually a clean guitar and her voice. Quite a tad of reverb to the sound,but it makes it more "Airy" than as if it's coming from a bathroom. Beautiful lyrics and melodies.

I don't know if you can get them in Singapore. I ordered mine from the states quite some years ago. I discovered her from some soundtrack of a movie (forgot which) and I bought all 3 albums without hesitation. She only released these 3, so I've never thought to look for them here.

amazon link here.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-h...7088200-9542242

Chris

What was the name of the song that made it into the charts? That was quite a long while back in the 80s I think.