jasonhanjk

Sgheadphones DIY A47 pocket amp kit

SGH amp? Sign me up for one! tongue.gif

edit: oops, didn't read the whole post carefully. in kit form I'm out, me lazy b*stard. tongue.gif

Edited by av98m

SGH amp? Sign me up for one! tongue.gif

At this price, I think U will attain more than one with different casings for eye candy. kekeke......

jason,I am very pleasure join in SGH forms.I think I can do someting for you.if you have a protel version projects.

for a good step,CHA47 amps may be a good choice.we need choice a common pcb size to fit much of tins or sexy case.need setup some pcb stand-off holes on the boards.includeing volume pot.

another ideas is hdam framework,that denote output chips part can add or remove easy.we need a 2pcb parts:

standard comy+expanding A47 wub.gif

good luck

Considering this is an amp for people starting out, may I suggest a few points:

The amp should be at its best value for money. What I'm suggesting is that stick to suggested components as much as possible, and consider from there, are all the "improved" components really worth it? In other words if an upgrade of 1-2 bucks only yield a little improvement, we should scrap that improvement. That way the amp's price can be kept low as well. At such a level, caps should be kept to cheaper ones(and of course smaller values ones, best if it does not differ too much from original design), and I believe an expensive input/output jack will not yield audible differences, etc...

Of course some "sgheadphones" tweaks which make much sense out of cents are definitely good eh?

Besides, cheaper components of a few cents mean that people won't mind blowing/burning a few since a replacement can be bought at a low price. When people start out, some are bound to fail, isn't it?

Also, components (such as the input/output jacks) which are easier to solder on, e.g. solder wets more easily, should be considered first, to serve as an encouragement for beginners.

may I suggest that ;

u put like..

*. Barebone (pcb and all necessary parts to build a working amps)

*. Upgrade kit ( exotic parts, connector replacements and sorts for people to tweak )

*. Casing options (if u want to include party.gif )

btw, ..farnell do have discount for larger quantities

25+ , 100+ , 250+.

kicking.gif

Thanks Digi 01. I may not use Protel as I am more use to eagle.

By the way, please comment when the PCB design is out. Had seen your masterpiece... wub.gif

Edited by jasonhanjk

Hi Lekguan.

Yes, this amp design would be value for money. As we are going to buy these item in bulk thus we can reduce the price further. The current price for a buffered Cmoy aka A47 would be targeted at $20 and it will be almost the same price if you buy the component individually. Especially it comes with a PCB so building it would be a breeze.

One thing good about the Cmoy we are making is the begginer would make less mistake as it will be very easy. Instructions would be on this forum and a step by step would be included. Basically just insert the component as you are told. Another newbie just got problem on his newly built Cmoy on a proto board.

http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=74034

Seems like he is having some virtual ground problem.

I would try my best to design the PCB to it's best not allowing newbie blowing up a few things. Think of the frustation having to travel to places to get the parts. Lucky I work near SLS. tongue.gif

If they really blow up a few resistor, I may give them replacement for free as it is only a few cents.

The jacks I will need tp seek Tropical advise.... sleep.gif

Hi Mukegile.

Yes, it will be a barebone. All neccesary parts for it to work. Batteries not included.

No, adding an upgrade kit will further burden us as it will cost more and people may not buy. At the end we will lose money. But we can suggest how to upgrade. tongue.gif

Good idea on the casing option. As these casing may need to be pre-drill by tropical, he may charge $15 to $20 on each casing. Why so expensive just buying the casing? As buying the casing will give you a final product, I need to ensure the pricing of the new amp doesn't destroy other amp builder business.

Farnell film resistor can be bought at 3 to 5 cents. tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Tropical and firefox may like to hear this.

Do you have a targeted date for the introduction of your kit?

Ya, but opa2132 cost $10 each... tongue.gif

Pricey...

So the $20 may only include 1 opamp and the rest may be purchase through upgrade.

Still sourcing for cheaper.

How OPA 2134 sound? It cost $5.

i can't really tell the difference in sound for 2134 & 2132

the NJM4556 is also another "good enough" op-amp for the cmoy, its also cheaper then the 2134 happy.gif

Will take note of that too.

Now looking at tangent's preffered opamp. May buy a few of them do distortion analysis.