jasonhanjk

Sgheadphones DIY A47 pocket amp kit

Thanks for the tips! I've bought some OPA2134 from farnell as well as other components. I like this company yes.gif Actually my company used to buy connectors from them, and I just forgot about Farnell when looking for elecronics components.

Well this is not my first time DIY, but probably will be the first time after I'm graduated... And that is more than 7 years ago w00t.gif

I saw (in catalogue) an ALPS pot (big one) especially for audio... wow, around SGD 47 per piece w00t.gif

Any suggestion for a good pot for volume control ?

Thanks for the tips! I've bought some OPA2134 from farnell as well as other components. I like this company yes.gif Actually my company used to buy connectors from them, and I just forgot about Farnell when looking for elecronics components.

Well this is not my first time DIY, but probably will be the first time after I'm graduated... And that is more than 7 years ago w00t.gif

I saw (in catalogue) an ALPS pot (big one) especially for audio... wow, around SGD 47 per piece w00t.gif

Any suggestion for a good pot for volume control ?

$47 for the Alps blue very ex at Farnell. Go to Well Audio (Burlington Sq), Larry hifi(Peaples Park basement) or at Bytetron (4th flr SLS) at around $30++.

Thanks jtfoo!

Any other cheaper, smaller, and good pot beside the BLUE ALPS?

Thanks jtfoo!

Any other cheaper, smaller, and good pot beside the BLUE ALPS?

Try MArtin electronic also at Burlington.. They have cheaper OMEG brand. Don't know the price though.

OMEG, last time, quoted at $15 , btw...for the ALPS u can get at slightly lower than $30 from Frankie (WAL) kicking.gif

Edited by mukegile

where is farnel? i'm also looking for components.

i am now building the simplest cmoy amp. but a don't know where i can get the parts no.gif

Thanks Ablaze!!! biggrin.gif

Ok. Owe you guys some update.

user posted image

Some changes of the resistor value compare to above.

1) Both 4.7k and 100k change to 33k. Reason: Having the 2 same value resistor at the both input will make the output DC voltage to be less than 1mV. Good thing is there would not be DC offset problem with NJM4556AD (to be confirm). The small downside is the cutoff frequency has increase from 2Hz to 5Hz.

2) 10k change to 92k. Gain about 4x.

3) 47ohm change to 10ohm.

4) I had found one PCB vendor Shinmark and I got some details. The apporox price for first PCB production is $500. Still discussing.

5) Will remove the DC female plug.

6) Prefer snap in female stereo plug.

7) Pot would be 10k ohm Farnel 919147 or the 20k version (to be confirm).

Yo Tropical. Need your help, can help source around the female plug? By sunday I will pass you the second prototype with the 10k pot attach. For you to torture.... naughty.gif

Edited by jasonhanjk

uuh... cutoff frequency refers to what exactly and how would it affect our listening?

uuh... cutoff frequency refers to what exactly and how would it affect our listening?

In layman's term, it simply means the amp is not capable of handling signals below 5Hz. Unless U have aural power similar to that of a cat or dog, this should not prove to be a huge loss to humans since our hearing range covers 20-20KHz only.

anyway...i believe that cut off is below our speakers/cans specs.. , most cans wont go below 10 Hz. and i doubt most of our CDP or source will go below 10Hx

Edited by mukegile