Sign in to follow this  
bpribadi

Bose QuietComfort® 2 Acoustic Noise Canceling® Hea

Hi All headphone enthusiast,

Yesterday I tested the Bose headphone. Well it is just a few minutes listening in their showroom (Plaza Singapura), so my opinion might not be objective. I brought my own audiophile recording CD (The Best of Celtic Voices) which I have listened a few times with my ATH-EW9. And my first impression:

1. Light weight for an active headphone with one AAA battery. Quite comfortable.

2. The noise canceling only works for low frequency, but not cancells voice frequency. I still can hear people talking if they are in close distance with me. It makes me feels like being in a plane. This feature cannot be disable.

3. The bass is very BIG!!! Good for bass lovers party.gif

4. Overall sound, well not for my taste (I like vocals, jazz, classics, etc.). The mid and high sounds average for the price (to my ears). Especially the treble sounds a bit harsh and sharp. Not suitable for listening to female vocal with high pitch yucky.gif

The list price is SGD 695.- but during the Singapore Sale seasson, they are selling this headphone at SGD 599.-.

I still prefer my ATH-EW9, to me it sounds better and more enjoyable headphone.gif

Me looking for a pair of noise-cancelling headphones. I would like to hear all comments regarding this type of headphones available in the market. Pls share. Thanks.

Thanks for bringing this post 'up' again happy.gif

Bose is the first noise canceling headphone I tried, and so far I would say they are out of my taste.

May I know why noise canceling is important for you?