tropicalrips

Digital Camera

thought i start a tread to compare pictures from different digi cams

everyone is welcome to post your shots here

pls name your camera & any details that u might hav laugh.gif

my new cam : Olympus C-8080 , 8 mega pixel , 5X optical zoom

i hav reduced the size of the pics so they load faster, actual pics are 1600x1200 or bigger tongue.gif

user posted image

macro shot of my Seiko watch

user posted image

another Seiko watch

user posted image

this was taken one my way to work - outside Serangoon MRT station

user posted image

at work in SLS happy.gif

user posted image

on my way back home - taken at Albert Court

user posted image

some shots hav been slighty touch with Adobe Elements which came with the camera, all of them were resize using Adobe Elements happy.gif

Brilliant idea! Whoa! These things are up to 8 megapixel now izzit?! Hope that's effective & not interpolated. How much did it cost? I was thinking of upgrading, funds permitting, in the future to a Canon Digital SLR. Nothing fancy maybe just the starter EOS-300D or Digital Rebel or whatever they call it. The DSLR seem to be able to recreate skin tone colours better.

Your macro shots looks good. Try moving in closer to show the scratches on the 2nd watch! I have a resized shot of a flash light's bulb showing the 'broken' filament. It's a lil out of focus though.

N@Z...id recommend the Nikon D70 to be a much better starter at around the same price range...no built in limitations compared to the Canon EOS-300D

Thanks for the recommendation. Any idea whether it comes with a bundled lens package like the Canon?

Some more previous pics form the 995, example for:

- Depth of field

- Night shot

- Day shot

- Texture & skin tone

- Artsy fartsy shot laugh.gif

It's an oldie but it's a goodie. A mere 3.34 megapixels & 3x zoom.

the picture taken from the 995 is already good. i think you need a bigger jump to realise the difference.

N@Z, yes. And being a dslr, u can use any aftermarket lenses to suit yer needs including, the fantastic canon lenses as well.

Brilliant idea! Whoa! These things are up to 8 megapixel now izzit?! Hope that's effective & not interpolated. How much did it cost? I was thinking of upgrading, funds permitting, in the future to a Canon Digital SLR. Nothing fancy maybe just the starter EOS-300D or Digital Rebel or whatever they call it. The DSLR seem to be able to recreate skin tone colours better.

Your macro shots looks good. Try moving in closer to show the scratches on the 2nd watch! I have a resized shot of a flash light's bulb showing the 'broken' filament. It's a lil out of focus though.

N@Z, my C-8080 cost almost as much as the EOS-300D/Digital Rebel, i think the Nikon D70 is also around the same price range about $200 more but its only body kit, without a lens.

i'm already thinking UPGRADE w00t.gif maybe Canon EOS-1H w00t.gif or Nikon D100 w00t.gif...once i'm confident enough with this camera tongue.gif

if i go any closer to the watch, the lens will be touching the watch smile.gif

i'm still figuring out how to get the proper settings for this camera, all the shots were taken without flash, so some of them appear a little dull, and also they are not at the higher resolution that the camera can go

i think the 8 megapixel is effective... unsure.gif

N@Z, my C-8080 cost almost as much as the EOS-300D/Digital Rebel, i think the Nikon D70 is also around the same price range about $200 more but its only body kit, without a lens.

That means the D70 is around +S$2100 without the lens? Or more?

Edited price typo

Edited by N@Z

my C-8080 is list at S$1899, the D70 is around S$2000-2100 without a lens.

some of my customers paid S$2500 for a complete D70 kit, and thats still without a CF card, but i'm not sure what lens they got mellow.gif

my C-8080 is list at S$1899, the D70 is around S$2000-2100 without a lens.

some of my customers paid S$2500 for a complete D70 kit, and thats still without a CF card, but i'm not sure what lens they got mellow.gif

?

price of D70 w kit lens went up? last known price was SGD 2100 at Alan Photo, Cathay Photo and MS Color....

the street price for Canon 300D with kit lens should be ard S$1750 - 1800

for better sensing of price, u may want to check the following local photo site:

http://www.clubsnap.org/

Enjoy

d70 with kit lens is 18-70mm

with 1.5x factor, will be effective to 27-105mm lens in 35mm format

full name is

AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-70mm ED IF f /3.5-4.5G

RRP is S$2288, street prize is lower of course

recommend going DSLR route, becos they have much better AF lag time [shorter] compared to prosumer dslr-like cams

also, more megapixels does not mean better, cos the dslr ccd is larger, also current 8MP cameras have some noise issues, no offense to tropicalrips's cam, that model is one of the best of the pack, but ccd size is same as 5MP ccd, so each pixel of 8MP is crammed into smaller space, hence noise issues

Canon EOS-1D MarkII...

8.4MP without the noise issues....one of the fastest AF out there and a huge buffer to handle the continous shots.

wacko.gif

... and how much is the damage to the wallet?

also, more megapixels does not mean better, cos the dslr ccd is larger, also current 8MP cameras have some noise issues, no offense to tropicalrips's cam, that model is one of the best of the pack, but ccd size is same as 5MP ccd, so each pixel of 8MP is crammed into smaller space, hence noise issues

i think its true that a lot of the 8MP cams hav noise issues, including my yes.gif

but u only see it when using higher ISO settings, like 300 - 400

below is a web showing a new CCD format the Olympus hav develop with Kodak, they call it FourThirds, there's pic of what the CCD looks like smile.gif

FourThirds