tropicalrips

Digital Camera

Has anyone got any experience with the Sanyo C5/C6 Digital Media camera? How good is it as an alternative to a MiniDV camera. I like the idea of it storing video clips straight away into an SD card in MPEG4 format.

Has anyone got any experience with the Sanyo C5/C6 Digital Media camera? How good is it as an alternative to a MiniDV camera. I like the idea of it storing video clips straight away into an SD card in MPEG4 format.

be careful when buying this camera N@Z smile.gif

lots of tourist get con into paying USD$300-$400 here in singapore, this is the "lobang" camera cause it works and looks like a video camera

acutal price is about S$400+ smile.gif

Yes I'm aware of the price.

I don't quite understand though what you meant by "lobang" camera?

I'm curious to find out whether it's really as good as steves-digicam.com review.

I had that Idea too... but unfortunately the MP4 movie camera still not as good as my S1-IS or FinePix F11 movie clip. So I suggest, for quality sake, get digicam with good movie capability, use virtualdub (freeware) in combination with divX encoder to batch convert the movie clips into MP4, so you can straight away play it on MP4 compatible DVD player. My philips DVD player plays DivX, but only from the 30 fps video clip, not compatible with the 15 fps.

I already have a Sony miniDV cam but converting the raw format is a drag. Using tape is a big hassle as well not to mention slow start up. Something like the C5 (or C6 if it's already available) seems convenient.

The movie clips on the S1-IS & F11 is that good izzit? I might consider either if anti shake is an option on video clip mode (my shaky hands & cameras don't mix), the quality of the video is that good for converting to VCD/DVD & the video can run up to 1 hour per card.

The movie clips on the S1-IS & F11 is that good izzit? I might consider either if anti shake is an option on video clip mode (my shaky hands & cameras don't mix), the quality of the video is that good for converting to VCD/DVD & the video can run up to 1 hour per card.

With S1-IS (no longer available, must get S2-IS) or S2-IS, you can have optical image stabilizer while shooting video, as well as lens zooming. My F11 is not as good as S1-IS in term of video quality, but already good enough to be watch on TV and the 30fps looks smooth. With F11, no zooming while taking video, and no anti shake or stabilizer. So S2-IS is a better option if you are looking for quality. I would say as good as most prosumer DV cam cool.gif I made a few DVD movie from the S1-IS movie clip, and it is very good, people won't notice it is from digicam, as good as from DV.

For low light, I would say F11 performance is very good. I ever took video in a 3x3 m room, with just a single white fluorescent lamp (not sure tha wattage, maybe 20 or 36), a bit dim, the result was bright recorded video. Impressive happy.gif

But digicam solution is not suitable for long recording, as the file is limited to 1Gb per clip. So for long recording DV is still the king (or JVC harddisk). But digicam movie clip is more convenient.

Edited by bpribadi

Cheers mate. How much is the Canon S2-IS now & where's the best place to get it from.

Did a google on the JVC Everio Series HD Camcorder. Looks interesting with the 20~30GB HDD (+ SD card), fast lens, min 10x optical zoom. Looks expensive as well, what price range are we talking about here?

Btw, guys, I took apart my Sony DCR-PC110E pal video cam. Its an old model I know but after taking apart, I think there's a slight cable disconnection somewhere that I can't find and the zoom as well as the focusing system ain't working properly. Any idea how much approximately will it cost to repair? I've heard that its gonna cost a bomb and I too feel the same way. Got my old Sony MD repaired last time as well and it costed me $120.... blink.gif

so quiet here...

shot this for the Sentosa Flower photo contest smile.gif

user posted image

Edited by tropicalrips