tropicalrips

Digital Camera

He was a slide shooter and this is his first trip with complete digital system. The portable harddisk unfortunately failed and due to shot of memory cards he had to shoot direct into jpeg, where Canon in camera jpeg is not as good as the rest. Also due to some of the setting he selected.

He just went for a 3 weeks free and easy.

Edited by fuwen

Ah.. I see.

yeah.. memory storage failure and stuff like that.. really can destroy one's photographic trip :D

HI guys i am thinking of getting my first DSLR.. not very good in photography.. which one should i get??

Nikon D40X or Canon 400D... i am more incline towards Nikon due to a more punchy image quality... i have been using Fujifilm , sony and canon Pn S.. and frankly speaking Canon image quality did not satisfy me.. i like fujifilm my first digicam because of its close to live colors... Is Nikon color close to live? :grin: Any advice for me noob thanks :unsure:

HI guys i am thinking of getting my first DSLR.. not very good in photography.. which one should i get??

Nikon D40X or Canon 400D... i am more incline towards Nikon due to a more punchy image quality... i have been using Fujifilm , sony and canon Pn S.. and frankly speaking Canon image quality did not satisfy me.. i like fujifilm my first digicam because of its close to live colors... Is Nikon color close to live? :grin: Any advice for me noob thanks :unsure:

for entry-level DSLRs, always go for either Canon or Olympus, they're much more user-friendly. the nikon only starts getting really good with their mid-level upwards. eg, the 40x can't change simple things like ISO without going thru layers of menu.

the 400D should suffice but the Olympus E-510 makes a really good case for the ultimate entry-level. the Oly has Live View which will come in useful for newbs and it's cheaper than the 400D. the Oly has very good optics and has the best wide angle lenses around. even though the sensor is slightly smaller than Canon or Nikon, the results of the image engine show that it loses very little. the Oly has an even more compact body than its rivals, making them less of a luggage. it also has the best method of sensor dust removal and built-in image stablizer (so that u dun have to spend big money on heavy lenses which have built-in IS). very cleverly thought out, the E-510 will give u nice punch in image quality which i think u prefer.

some info here:

Olympus E-510

current promo

Edited by sghound

wow that's a pretty good setup covering wide to tele end ;) ...

I saw some results coming from the D40 and it's a very good entry level cam with punchy colour :P .

Enjoy and keep shooting :D!

:holiday: Merry Christmas 2007 to SGHers !! :rclxms::holiday:

IPB Image
Edited by Blues

Looks odd, snowing & ppl wearing shorts & t-shirts!

Any new D300 owners?

Somebody was using a D300 at the last meet.. sweet but not too much different from the D200

:lol::lol:

yeah getting D300 next year(mid) .. waiting for price to stabilise abit while waiting for more review/comparison.

But from what I've seen so far.. extremely positive.

what about u n@z? heard you were considering 40D :whistle::innocent:

Edited by Blues