tropicalrips

Digital Camera

the Konica Minolta Z series digicam hav a funny shape, looks a toy camera biggrin.gif

imo, af & shutter lag is one of the main differences between dslr & high end prosumer dslr-like cameras

others are

low noise @ high iso

ttl optical viewfinder

prosumer fights back with

live histogram

hi power zoom in small form factor

but just saw on dpreview that oly 8080 had full lag [af & shutter] of 0.2/0.3 sec, sounds pretty good

that's much faster than my canon a70 [up to 1 sec at times]

dslr lag timings not shown on website cos its dependent on lens used

wonder how much is the difference? btwn dslr & high end prosumer?

tried out s2 pro b4, lag was very short

not much problems of missing a shot, which is the main problem of my consumer cam

on another note, sigma just announced a 18-50mm f2.8 lens, this builds on the 18-125mm lens now just reaching the hands of photographers

http://www.sigma-photo.co.jp/english/news/18_50f28_exdc.html

http://www.sigma-photo.co.jp/english/lens/...25f35_56dc.html

18-125mm means 28-200mm [35mm equivalent] for 1.5x factor, nice walkabout lens for everything, if u don't mind the slower [in terms of light] lens

can anyone guess what this is...rolleyes.gif

user posted image

i was out playing with my digicam again tongue.gif

a few shots to share with everyone, it was cloudy the whole day, couldn't get a good shot anywhere mellow.gif

user posted image

Looks like part of that "Durian" building! laugh.gif

Picture postcard dude!

Very well composed! Nice pictures! Thanks for sharing yes.gif

You make me want to upgrade my G2 to C8080 wink.gif

I would like to share some photos, taken December last year. Please forgive my G2 noise (no budget for big sensor digicam no.gif )

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Very nice, Bram. Good shots.

Thanks Heady! happy.gif

dunno how he can get such close up shots but i'm impressed man.......

Tropicalrips C8080 can do it with it's super macro shots.

Or if you have any SLR fix lens, try the reverse lens method. The reverse fix SLR lens will become a very good macro adapter when use with any other SLR or prosumer digicam. The problem is to get the reverse ring adapter to mount the fix lens in front of the digicam lens. B&H in New York has them, but in Singapore so far I couldn't find it.

So, my solution, the cheaper is to use 2 of Cokin filter adapter ring, glue them front to front tongue.gif

Check this out:

http://www.mplonsky.com/photo/article.htm

Scroll down to 'Reversing a lens' section.

smile.gif i'll try the watch shot again with super macro, need to do it during the day, i had problems with the cameras white balance when shooting at night and indoors, the colors were a little off tongue.gif

Edited by tropicalrips

Nice fotos, but I would use wide angle for the public phone foto, position the camera close to the most right phone, focus on the second from right phone, and set the aperture to 2.8. It will create nice perspective and sense of distance wink.gif Just my 2 cents happy.gif

Nice fotos, but I would use wide angle for the public phone foto, position the camera close to the most right phone, focus on the second from right phone, and set the aperture to 2.8. It will create nice perspective and sense of distance wink.gif Just my 2 cents happy.gif

The wide-angle adaptor for my camera cost S$490. I'd rather sell my camera and get a DSLR than to buy the adaptor.

Another alternative is a Olympus Wcon at S$190 + S$40+ for a 66mm(F) to 55mm(F) adaptor. But that involves buying the adaptor online which I don't have the time for receiving the package.