tropicalrips

Digital Camera

Hehehe.

Pretty good shots from a point & shoot 3.2mp digicam.

On loan from my brother, Olympus C-750 Ultra Zoom. Some impromptu shots:

Macro shot of my 1.5" Subaru STi 22B WRC replica.

user posted image

Tasty savoury Nagaraya brand original flavour cracker nuts! Can you taste the texture?

user posted image

View from my PC/listening room. Lot's of coconut trees, note the road...

user posted image

The road again, not quite at full zoom yet.

user posted image

Nice neutral color out of the camera happy.gif

I'm glad digicams improve in color rendering, I spent so much time in PS to correct them with older digicams sleep.gif

I have this camera and it suffers from a lot of noise. Worse than many other digicams at ISO 200. But at ISO50 its very good.

It's not too bad, taken at full zoom from my window.

user posted image

Click on the image to enlarge

I saw the Nikon D70 for sale B$2,200.00 before discount. It comes with a zoom lens which I couldn't quite make out what it was. Is that a good price to start from? Also saw the Minolta Dimage A2 at $1,200.00 & Canon Powershot A75 for less than $500.00.

N@Z it does well outdoors. Try indoors with fluorescent lighting (w/o sunlight of course). Not too good. I have taken outdoor shots and yes they are real great, especially at ISO 50. No matter what they look good when small. But if you enlarge to nearer to its full resolution (about 1280 x 960 and above) they are pretty noisy.

Try Noise Ninja for Noise reduction. But the best is still bright sufficient light with ISO 50 / 100. I always use bounce flash when indoor, with custom white balance.

I saw D70 suffers from poor Bayer algorithm, weird artifact on high frequency details. So, please read reviews and user comments (the pros) before buy it.

N@Z it does well outdoors. Try indoors with fluorescent lighting (w/o sunlight of course). Not too good. I have taken outdoor shots and yes they are real great, especially at ISO 50. No matter what they look good when small. But if you enlarge to nearer to its full resolution (about 1280 x 960 and above) they are pretty noisy.

Heh, of course lah Pua Chu Kang!

Great shot bpribadi

user posted image

I saw the Nikon D70 for sale B$2,200.00 before discount. It comes with a zoom lens which I couldn't quite make out what it was. Is that a good price to start from? Also saw the Minolta Dimage A2 at $1,200.00 & Canon Powershot A75 for less than $500.00.

hey N@Z u figure out how to post the pics with a thumnail on the forum that leads to the actual photo smile.gif

i'll try it tomorrow with some new shot that i'm going to take smile.gif

I'm surprised you missed the updated thread in the FAQ:

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=2383

I still have to refer back to it now & then! If you know of a site better than Photobuket that can store more than 250kb/image but similar layout I'd like to know. That way can keep the original image without resizing.

user posted image

Yeah the D70 is a good DSLR to start wif, that is if u do not have any Canon lens lying around (if u start wif nikon u would be stuck wif nikon and so it may also be a good idea if you can find out some prices on the lens, flash etc. You can do the same thing wif Canon as well. For the canon model try to go for the 20D). This price should come with the lens kit, if not then forget it.

Also, it would be best if you can have a feel of the equipment before making a decision. Try out both the Canon and the Nikon and decide which is better.