tropicalrips

Digital Camera

using Nikon D70

yeah digicam nowadays are pretty good, and many have decent movie mode to go too :) .

I like the kite flying :D .. nice!

Fongalv, may i ask if you are using a panoramic camera or a panorama stitching software. I'm currently using the software by olyumpus which results is not as decent as you got there.

Thanks!

Hi fongalv, bulb mode means I must be in Manual, so u get to set ur aperture :)

yesterday I had to open at least 25 seconds to get decent exposure because I used really small F18 to get thinner fireworks trail

How do you do panorama stitching with Photoshop CS? You got to have the plug-in for that?

The olympus bundled software has a stitching software. The software reshapes every image to look OVAL before stitching which can be annoying. It actually makes you lose alot of graphic at the upper and lower ends of the photograph because of cropping.

How much is the license purchase for Photovista? It will come to me very handy since i think i might use it often. :))

Anyway, here's an example of the Panorama Stitching software by Olympus, CAMEDIA Master.

IPB Image

1. Firstly, able to notice the oval upper and lower ends?

2. Secondly, you can see the flaw between the first and second image. The software also removed a part of the ferns during the stitch.

The camera did not have the 'memory' image(image of the borders of the previous picture) to help add the patch. It just had Vertical Bar. So you had to use your own memory for this. -_-

Anyway, i did a exposure lock for this photograph, how ever the sun came in as i did the 2nd and 3rd image. :bash:

Haha.. this software does not allow you to adjust the overlapping. Too user-friendly and left with no controls than a button "Stitch".

Anyway, this is not the effect of the focal point. The software gave an example image of the bridge for practice use, it gave the same effect.

I'm using the Olympus C5060WZ right now. It has much desired controls to a DSLR. Of course the specs aren't as good compared to the DLR. But a versatile camera for travel and harsh conditions. The camera disallow Panorama in Aperture Priority or Shutter Priority. So i used the Program mode.

Erm, i do not know anyone who uses a Canon camera. My dad is on Nikons. He used to buy a Panorama software from Challenger, but it turned out very bad. It's called the Sky Paint. Very user-unfriendly. The layout of the program is very 'kid-dish'.

I will try to check out from my Dad if anyone he knows uses Canon. Hardly any chances because his friends are on Nikon as well.

Oh yes, i meant the 'overlapping' as taking larger area of the frames. Unfortunately for this Olympus software, it defined the anchoring point for me. So if i take more area, it will mismatch. It works just like the logic of stitching frames with 'X' cm(not user defined) from the ends to form the panorama image, regardless the details etc.

However for my case, if i were to pictorially join the images to form a panorama at close ups, they might work(of course not with this example).

Anyway, thanks wonders for your recommendation of Photovista. I will do more read up about it and its availabiliy. :)) You want to share license fee? haha!

Cheerios~!

Starting my night series ... this one from yesterday

IPB Image

Sharing several pictures of my equipment.

Taken at home using few pieces of white a3 paper as a cheap floppy light tent wannabe.

Have a freaking pain in the ass trying to take nice angle of HD580, but dunno how to take in after 30+ mins.

My best take is definitely the A900 one lol!

A900

IPB Image

F55

IPB Image

HD580-1

IPB Image

HD580-2

IPB Image

SR-80

IPB Image

PA2V2

IPB Image

Blue Dragon

IPB Image

You have a nice collection there, Shiro. Nicely shot too.

Edited by heady