tropicalrips

Digital Camera

Just came back from Myanmar not long ago....

fantastic scenery, amazing people, really beautiful country(pity abt the govt)

sharing the series with u guys here

IPB Image

I am still in the process of uploading more to the gallery. Exam is keeping me really busy :(

Edited by Blues

Blues, only one word, WOW! Free and easy and alone?

Blues, wow x 2. The above pic conveys the mood very well.

I love Myanmar and the people too. Very polite and gentle. But there are spies everywhere and the people are really afraid of the authorities.

Edited by heady

Thanks alot guys :D !!

fuwen: I travelled with a group of friends(most of them photographers, but a few are for pure holiday trip). My friend who organized has a cousin who runs the travel agency, so it's quite convenient arrangement for us.

heady: yes Myanmar people are definitely some of the friendliest I've met. Chatted with many of them about their life, religion, and some politics as well(not in public though). The most amazing was when I was shooting at the train station and was approached by the man in green uniform(probably from the army), I thought he would have asked me to stop shooting. But instead he asked me to shoot the lady opposite LOL :doh: ...

When we were there, there were hardly tourists around, despite now being the peak season. I think most would rather go to the neighbouring Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam...

but Myanmar is definitely a country I would go back again one day. There's just so much to photograph, especially the plains of Bagan (only spent a day there), the relaxing lake of Inle, and to catch many other festivals in the country like the water festival, etc. I think it's truly one of the gem in SEA.

Newbie trying, just to share some recent and ordinary shots... :))

The first picture was taken by 50D, the rests were taken by Canon 1N, first time trying on film SLR, very fun :))

IPB Image

IPB Image

Prison Break 1.... :))

IPB Image

Prison Break 2 - Escape de la cárcel

IPB Image

Citrus ichangensis?

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanks heady. ^_^

I was deciding between Contax T2/T3, Minolta TC-1, Leica CM/Minilux for my film compact camera, finally decided on the TC-1, because Nobuyoshi Araki and Christopher Doyle use it... and wow, I like it.

It's really handy, I was driving when I took these pictures, took it out from pocket and switched ON (2 s), adjusting aperture (1 s), see thru viewfinder and composite and pressed the shutter (2 s), done in 5 seconds. B)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

*My 600th posts!*

Yotiao,

How did you get the pictures digitised? Looks like Hong Lim area. The pics lppked really sharp. Some how film still looks better. I need to thaw my films from my fridge and start shooting again. Problem is finding the time for all my hobbies. :)

heady,

I scanned the film directly using canon 8800f, the results are not that bad. I can scan for you if you want :))

When I used 50D, I shoot too many shots that eventually get trashed, I don't think enough, and have decided to try the good ol' film, where I considered every shot because I was paying for every one of them.

heady,

I scanned the film directly using canon 8800f, the results are not that bad. I can scan for you if you want :))

When I used 50D, I shoot too many shots that eventually get trashed, I don't think enough, and have decided to try the good ol' film, where I considered every shot because I was paying for every one of them.

Thanks yotiao for the offer, I must first find time to shoot the pics first. :P

haha, nice to meet you all, i m 18 and have been using film cams since sec 1.. jus love film cameras, mine is eos 66 and a old rico passed down from my father. hope to shoot black and white in the future, but ths year quite busy, ALEVELS COMING!!!!! ARRHHHH

Edited by ninja