Sign in to follow this  
decibel

Recommend portable Cans

Hello guys, looking for headphones now for my Muvo2 and possibly Zen touch in the near future. Anything which fits my needs along these lines?

- Single sided cord

- Budget of ard $150 or less

- Not too big and unwieldy, looks pleasant when worn (prefer a dark colour like black)

- Be able to reach a moderately high volume as i'm quite deaf

- Comfortable

I listen to only electronica on the move so bass quality is extremely important. Think thats all for now.

TIA! headphone.gif

I would recommend u the MDR-V6 or MDR-V7506 if u like bass alot....or the HD-25-1 if u can stretch yer budget...

I would recommend u the MDR-V6 or MDR-V7506 if u like bass alot....or the HD-25-1 if u can stretch yer budget...

Any idea on prices for the Sony cans? And am i right though to say that these are more of studio headphones than portable ones? Cuz I've used the V6s before and i think that carrying them to school everyday would be a problem..No doubt they sound good though

Edited by decibel

well i use em everywhere i go....so they're the perfect on the go cans for me... unless yer lookin for in-ear cans

Any idea on prices for the Sony cans? And am i right though to say that these are more of studio headphones than portable ones? Cuz I've used the V6s before and i think that carrying them to school everyday would be a problem..No doubt they sound good though

May as well get Beyer DT-770pro for Super Bass party.gif $424 if I am not mistaken @ Sim Lim 3rd floor jus after escalator --> Hung Brothers kicking.gif

May as well get Beyer DT-770pro for Super Bass party.gif $424 if I am not mistaken @ Sim Lim 3rd floor jus after escalator --> Hung Brothers kicking.gif

that's not exactly a portable can wink.gif

i tot his budget is ard $150

shure e2c if u don't mind in ear, good isolation, bass not as good as v6, but low profile [plus no headband depression on your hair after taking off fones]

got to stretch budget to S$170plus though

actually v6 is around that price, if u can find them, tried v6 b4 during meet [thanx q00], the bass is addictive

cord is coiled like home phone cable though, not sure if that will bother u

another contender is senn hd280, near your price range [convert from us pricing] but not sure about pricing here, hung bros again?

dt231, tried briefly, cups don't surround my ears, although velour is nice, hung bros listening station playing classical music so can't really test out

Audio-Technica ATH-A500

looks quite big huh? maybe not for portable

PX200 is pretty decent unless you want to max out your budget. Might want to spend more on a better discman/more new CDs.

Thanks for all the info guys. Decided i really want a single sided cord and strictly headphones. How much are the Sony V6s and are they available at hung bros?

I hear pretty good things about the beyer dt231s also, anyone know how much these cost too?

Cheers! headphone.gif

Headphones Prices

DT 231 Galactic @ S$89, Hung Brothers, SLS.

Sony MDR-7506 available online http://www.lsv.com.sg/

629 Aljunied Road 08-14 Cititech Industrial Building Singapore 389838

Sony Eggo MDR-D22SL $83

Sony Eggo MDR-D66SL $157

From bluetin.com

By the way what kind of MP3s you using it with? If you are using them with downloaded (ehem) MP3s, u'd end up hoping u had stuck with the stocks. Of course if you ripped them from CDs, it would not be a problem as long as the bitrates are high enonugh (LAME encoder alt preset standard is already v good)