huangyong

How to open paypal account??

i've got the email too.

tried to access the site which is stated in the email but it's not available....

Interesting. I was trying to add a bank account in paypal for withdrawal of money. From the info asked it seems they are asking for a bank account rather than credit card account. For those who have done this did u all key in the credit card number as the bank account number?

I've used my DBS bank account for withdrawal of funds before. I remember paypal requiring my bank account number as well as some bank code that I had to call DBS to find out.

Payapl is a very useful service but when I finally got down to reading the user agreement in detail recently, something about it made me uneasy and I promptly cancelled both my paypal accounts and the cards I used for them. (a credit mastercard and a visa electron). I've never had a problem with paypal but know people who did. Call it paranoia on my part. happy.gif

What was the great revelation that made you cancel your accounts so abruptly?

me three, av98m.

fwiw, the lawsuit doesnt really apply to any of us.

"A fool and his money are soon parted!"

STAY FAR AWAY FROM PAYPAL!

1. Their rates are very high considering the fact that you can simply be a little more patient and find alternative methods of payment (i.e., credit/debit card, personal check, money order, etc.)!

2. There are literally HUNDREDS of scams associated with phishers and hackers trying to gain unauthorized access to your PayPal account!

3. The class action lawsuit will not turn out in favor for PayPal (in the long run) because a. it will cost PayPal an ENORMOUS amount of legal fees and damages if the court decides against them, b. PayPal will be forced to raise its' rates to cover the damages, and c. YOU will pick up THEIR tab!

I closed my account with PayPal awhile ago. NEVER store your banking routing number, identification number, debit/credit card information on line especially with an unknown party! That's just common sense!

3. The class action lawsuit will not turn out in favor for PayPal (in the long run) because a. it will cost PayPal an ENORMOUS amount of legal fees and damages if the court decides against them, b. PayPal will be forced to raise its' rates to cover the damages, and c. YOU will pick up THEIR tab!

ultimately it is ebay's dime since they own paypal.

but when I finally got down to reading the user agreement in detail recently, something about it made me uneasy and I promptly cancelled both my paypal accounts and the cards I used for them. (a credit mastercard and a visa electron).

sorry,this is the qoute that i want to display above. rolleyes.gif

if you can brief us on the revealation, pleaseor guide us to the link if you dont want to get any liability.... thanks.

Actually i has been sometime that i wanted to signed up to this kind of service (as an option), as i wanted to get something over the internet.