Sign in to follow this  
aaa

Any one building PPA? maybe can buy parts together

Any one building PPA? maybe can buy parts together to lower cost and cut the trouble.

parts that can mass order are

ALPS RK27112A, 50K potentiometer, smooth Shaft

- Taiwanese THLaudio charge less than S$20 a piece

Vishay RN55D resistor

- Federal (are they the distributor of Farnell and RS?) only sell in 100s.

anyone have any other alt in mind?

PPA PCB Ver 1.1

buy from tangentsoft

Wima MKS-2 6.8µF/50V

AD8610AR on adapter

many may want these from tangentsoft

OPA627AP, OPA637AP

remember someone on the forum can contact TI china for S$20 a piece, but he cannot buy everytime one forumer wants a few piece. So may be all whose are interested can getter and ask that friend to buy it mass one time and for all.

in fact all parts will benifit from group buy.

Although the no. of ppl interested in building PPA might be quite few due to the high cost, it will be quite a bit of saving even if the crowd size is only 3-4. (shipping cost will decrease by 75% if 4 guys share it)

Edited by aaa

I am interested in the PPA board and the pot. Not so keen about the other parts though. Not decided on the opamps yet.

Hi aaa, why not buy the OPA637? It is faster than OPA627. I know that we have to set the gain at 5 or more, but that shouldn't be a problem right?

Buy from Farnell, for 10 pieces it cost around SGD 35.- per IC.

I will take 4 ICs if we want to start group buy happy.gif

Bram

Browndog CLone is coming soon.

Are you going to share it with us happy.gif I don't mind to pay if the price is right wink.gif

Count me in for the browndog clone. How about it?

biggrin.gif

sure..

but what kind of Browndog Adapter you guys talking about?

Single-Double, or SMD-DIP??

But just check the price of Browndog Adapter...

S-D

SMD-DIP

The Price is ppth.gif ..... and no socket included... yucky.gif

SO-8 to PDIP-8 for me too (two pieces) and if you have the dual SO-8 to DIP8(also 2 pieces) that will be great for my AD823 and AD845 (free samples too biggrin.gif )

I think I will order from tangentsoft first, since nothing can starting b4 getting the PCB.

Considering cost, risk and trouble involved, I'm thinking of charging S$2 per US$1 plus S$4/order for processing and mailing through local registered mail, 100% pre-payment by ATM-transfer, money order or mail-in cash (at your own risk). Do you all think this is too much to ask?

that is $6/piece for the adaptor or $36 for the PPA board, excluding $4 processing.

any one intersted at the above condition please add to the list below

Adaptor, SO-8 chip straight to DIP-8, with no pinout change. BrownDog part #970601. $6/piece

#name #quantity

Adaptor, two single-channel SO-8 op-amps to a dual DIP-8 pinout. BrownDog part #020302. $6/piece

#name #quantity

PPA PCB $36/board

#name #quantity

after add your name to the list please PM me your real name contact number, mailing address, payment method etc.

For those who want to save money on the PCB (like me tongue.gif ), and use normal matrix PCB, here is my PPA layout, complete with fuse protection for the buffers. This layout is only for one channel (measured 8x9 cm per channel), and the transformer and the bridge diode haven't been included.

user posted image

To understand more on the buffer protection, here is the idea:

user posted image

Happy DIY cool.gif