Sign in to follow this  
Absolute0

Where to get headphone extension cable?

Looking for one of good quality (along the line of Grado's offering), but with a limited budget (

Anyone has any idea where where one can be purchased locally? Or anyone looking to sell theirs can PM me. Thanks! wink.gif

PS: Would have preferred to post this in Classifieds, but perhaps some room for discussion might be good. innocent.gif

Why not get it tailored made at LHS, SLT? A Belden/Canare/Mogami microphone cable will do the job nicely.

Hi mackie, hmm how much does such a cable cost and which one is better , i am kinda interested in getting one b'cos of the beyer DT 880 coil cable is too short ! sleep.gif

edit: Sorry Absolute0 for using your thread ! mellow.gif

Edited by N3w_Typ3

Hi mackie, hmm how much does such a cable cost and which one is better , i am kinda interested in getting one b'cos of the beyer DT 880 coil cable is too short ! sleep.gif

edit: Sorry Absolute0 for using your thread ! mellow.gif

By all means! wink.gif I have the same questions, budget is a key concern here.

Hey, I have a pal who's a sound engineer and he has lots of Canare L2T2S mic cables and Neutrik plugs. I'm asking him if he could make some extension cables and charge me a fee more competitive than any outlet in Sim Lim. I will revert to U once I have the cost breakdown ie. price/meter and cost of termination with male/female plugs.

Specs.

Canare Cable (L2T2S Microphone Cable)

Conductor : Stranded tinned copper

Insulation : Colour coded Polyethylene

Jacket : Black, Blue, Orange, Yellow & Red Matte PVC

Temperature : -49C to +80C

Shield : 94% Tinned copper braid shield

Applications : Canare L2T2S Series cable is a standard 2 conductor microphone cable intended for general audio applications. These cables use the same high-density braided shield as STAR QUAD cable, and provide superior rejection of hum, noise and radio interference. Cables are super flexible and can even be used in sub-zero environments.

Edited by Mackie

I have tried using L2T2S before and it does make the sound slightly toward the warm side. Other than that it should be very good as an extension. It seems its the 2-core brother of the L-4E6S.

Isn't it 2 core + braided shield(tinned copper, this is the 3rd core?)

Edited by lekguan

Ah.....got it figured out.

Ground > silver braid

Hot > blue conductor (right channel)

Cold > white conductor (left channel)

Technically, Canare L2T2S is a 2-conductor cable.

Edited by Mackie

If budget is concerned, and 5 metres is the minimum length, try my favorite cheap cable.

S-VHS cable, SGD 2.5 per metre at the shop beside Kaichin (right side, forget the name), and the jack and socket which should cost no more than SGD 6. So total SGD 18.5.

Unfortunately I don't have the pic of the cable. The cable come as one cylinder (the outer insulator), inside there are 2 individual coaxial cables. The size just nice, tightly fit with the common cheap (yellow/gold) stereo jack and socket. The conductor is pure OFC. Sounds good, and effectively blocks hum.

But you have to DIY tongue.gif

But you have to DIY  tongue.gif

Which is out of the question! At least you got my hopes high... until that last line. yawn.gif

Thanks Mackie, please keep us informed on the cable.

Edited by Absolute0

yaya let's all wait for mackie to update us !! wink.gif

Which is out of the question! At least you got my hopes high... until that last line.

I think you can ask the shop to DIY it for you wink.gif

My pal has a full drum of the Canare cables and once I have the cost breakdown which I deem is attractive enough, I will hold a power buy on the Classifieds. Look out for it.